Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm so excited to see this on Friday, but I haven't decided if I should watch it with D Box or Cinemark XD. With D Box, is it with a large screen compared to the standard screens? What do you guys recommend? I would have gone with ETX, but the AMC Metreon in SF is not even going to screen the movie at all.

Knight wrote:I'm so excited to see this on Friday, but I haven't decided if I should watch it with D Box or Cinemark XD. With D Box, is it with a large screen compared to the standard screens? What do you guys recommend? I would have gone with ETX, but the AMC Metreon in SF is not even going to screen the movie at all.
D-BOX or XD, they're both going to be in 3D. If you don't mind 3D, then I say go with D-BOX. That's what I'm going with since i've never tried it before. Would have preferred if it was simply 2D, but iz koo.

6 hours to go.

ArmandFancypants wrote:6 hours to go.
Have you posted your opinion of the original 3?

-Vader

I feel rather proud of myself for believing in this movie the whole time.

Batfan175 wrote:I feel rather proud of myself for believing in this movie the whole time.
:twothumbsup:

Vader182 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:6 hours to go.
Have you posted your opinion of the original 3?

-Vader
Nope... I wasn't fussed by the original, I don't think it really rises above its exploitation roots although Miller's eye is evident from early on. The second one is tremendous fun, one of the great films of its type (and time) and the third, while not terrible, deserves its status as a bit of a wet fish in the franchise, although Frank Thring's appearance is appreciated (and... Angry Anderson?!).

Miller in general though is probably 2nd only to Weir in terms of that generation of Australian ex-pat filmmakers. Even though his films are often problematic (outside of Lorenzo's Oil) he really knows how to "sell" an image and frankly it's a great shame that we never got his Justice League, purely because it would have really been big in a sense that few filmmakers know how to achieve.

Second viewing. This time in Imax 3D

Final score is a 10/10. I can help myself I'm in love with this movie.

im sure mad max is actually good but do you think it's benefiting from the 'horror movie effect' wherein the bar is set so low in the genre that anything above average is acclaimed?