Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The George Lazenby effect?! :lol:

The situations are so utterly incomparable that it's not funny.

Allstar wrote:
antovolk wrote:"It's a masterpiece. The rest of this shit is worthless junk". Aside from Ex Machina.

9/10 joint MOTY. Pure spectacle and bombast and some of the most holy f- action I've seen on screen but where Miller blows everyone out is building a strong and convincing enough emotional core and connection to the characters and the cause that it ends up being so satisfying emotionally too. The SCALE blew me away, this is a different beast to The Road Warrior. Hardy was very cool, but Theron and Hoult owned this - which especially atory wise was the main and only flaw. Heart pumping from first shot to last.
Master Virgo wrote:James Berardinelli (3.5/4)
Nicholas Hoult, painted white and playing someone more nuts than the main man, gives a surprisingly nuanced performance in a film that doesn't prize acting.
http://www.reelviews.net/reelviews/mad-max-fury-road

£
DREAM freaking sinks. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Damn a lot of reviews are mentioning Hoult injecting nuance. Considering the trailers he looked so over the top and fun in a terrific way but if he manages to add nuance and depth as well? DAMNNNNN!
HOULT IS THE GREATEST ACTOR ALIVE!!!!!!!

Well, this is now officially Certified Fresh at 99%.

So apparently this is one of the greatest pieces of cinema in history.

Guess I'll give it a go.

I wonder if Hoult could get a supporting nom for this? :think:

Allstar wrote:I wonder if Hoult could get a supporting nom for this? :think:
Anything's possible, but I think this is still too soon in the year and way too blockbustery for any serious awards consideration, which is a shame.

Who knows though, I could be totally wrong.

Allstar wrote:I wonder if Hoult could get a supporting nom for this? :think:
Im sure you're joking but..

Michaelf2225 wrote:Anything's possible, but I think this is still too soon in the year and way too blockbustery for any serious awards consideration, which is a shame.
True but it is highly likely that no other film this year is better reviewed than this.

I'm wondering if this film will be the Godfather of action films...lol yeah I know I just said that.

Dodd wrote:If they do make a new Mad Max I think that Sam Worthington would be a very good casting choice.

And I hate to say it but i think that Paul WS Anderson would be a good director for it, i like what he did with the death race remake.