Actors You Find Distracting

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There are times where no matter how good a performance is, you don't see the character. You just see the actor or actress and it can take you out of the experience. It seems like an odd critique of mine, so I am curious as to whether or not this happens for anybody else.

One example for me is James Nesbitt. In The Hobbit, I saw a bunch of Dwarves but whenever he opened his mouth it was as if the make-up had melted off and it was just the actor. He's not bad but I just can't see him as any character.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

No matter what kind of movie is he in, I never see the character he's playing, I only see Will Smith. Will Smith fights aliens in Men In Black. Will Smith fights zombies and depression in I Am Legend. Will Smith struggles to keep his his son with him in The Pursuit of Happyness.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Megan Fox. I don't see any character. All I see is a ho.

Red Hood wrote:Megan Fox. I don't see any character. All I see is a ho.
:lol: she's
hot ;)

Really good question. I'm gonna have to think about it a bit :think:

chinn70 wrote:
Red Hood wrote:Megan Fox. I don't see any character. All I see is a ho.
:lol: she's
a ho ;)
Fixed.

Leonardo DiCaprio

I thought I was going to find that with Jeff Daniels in Looper, simply because I know his comic role in Dumb and Dumber so well and thought it'd be weird to see him in a villain role - but he proved me wrong by playing the hell out of the character.

It's a good question and I feel I should have an answer but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Leonardo Dicrapio and Will Ferrell. I find these two actors distracting in every film there in. All I see is Jack from titanic and cow bell guy from SNL in every thing they do. Mediocre actors at best imo.

didich wrote:Will Smith
yogamble wrote:Leonardo Dicrapio
these two.
Plus, Shia Labeouf & Justin Timberlake
gib sigs