Cancelled Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
like I've said on another topic, I'm currently reading Frank Darabont's rejected script for Indy 4...I've read 45 pages so far and it's brilliant. Perfect balance of action, nostalgia, no Mutt, a really better Cold War paranoia feel (completely underused in Crystal Skull) I may write a big fucking long post when I finish it to detail Darabont's genius (I hope the rest won't let me down)

I might have mentioned this in this thread before, but fucking Nottingham. A medieval crime thriller could have been so awesome and creative.

The ones I can think are (maybe those are not totally canceled, but they're stuck in development hell at least):

-Maria Callas biopic: Niki Caro was set to direct and Eva Green was in talks to star. This was in 2010, and IMDb now lists the project as "In development" but Caro has moved to The Zookeper's Wife....
-Rendezvous with Rama: Morgan Freeman had tried to do this and Fincher was attached at some point.
-Michael Mann has developed a movie about the romance between Robert Capa and Gerda Taro during the Spanish Civil War. Eva Green, Gemma Arterton and Andrew Garfield have been rumored for the movie. Now there's another project with Tom Hiddleston and Hayley Atwell; I don't know how is the situation of the latter project, but Mann is now doing Cyber...

Thedarknight628 wrote:
manofsteel1 wrote:Brett Ratner's superman starring Matt Bomer would have been an instant classic 8-) .
Lmfao I would love to have whatever drugs you do dude.

All i am going to say is that 10 year's ago instead of Brett Ratner's option not being picked up Jon peters should have been shown the door from superman . Had that actually happened we could have been given an epic superman trilogy starring Matt Bomer - Anthony Hopkins instead of singer's superman 8-) .

SilverHeart wrote:I might have mentioned this in this thread before, but fucking Nottingham. A medieval crime thriller could have been so awesome and creative.
Yeah, this.

Also, von Sternberg's I Claudius. Laughton in the role would have killed it, and what little of it survives looks amazing.

My holy grail for it though is Olivier's Macbeth. Apparently the script was discovered recently - I'd love to read it.

Wolfgang Peterson's Batman VS Superman with colin farrell as batman and christian bale as superman would have been a great film 8-) .

manofsteel1 wrote:Wolfgang Peterson's Batman VS Superman with colin farrell as batman and christian bale as superman would have been a great film .8-) .
Your location says it all.

manofsteel1 wrote:Wolfgang Peterson's Batman VS Superman with colin farrell as batman and christian bale as superman would have been a great film 8-) .
Why are you still here?

JJ Abrams Superman Flyby, which Henry Cavill auditioned for.