The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I loved the first, looks like Im going to love this one even more

There and Back Again will just be insane
So it's confirmed Smaug will not die in DoS, so the big three events (Smaug's attack on Laketown and death, Dol Guldur Battle, Battle of Five Armies) will ALL be in the next one wow...I was convinced at least one of the first two would be in this one

I just can't imagine The Hobbit as two movies now. Having Beorn, Mirkwood, and god knows what else in one movie would have been overkill, and so rushed.

I have not an will not read the books (as the Dutch say - translated- "I already have A book") .

The movies are GREAT and that is all that matters. Well, ok .. There is only one thing else that matters.
Will Saroman be in the next two movies. desofsmau. and there and back again.

Oh, and an other thing. Is there a reason why Smeagel, Sauron and Saruman all start with an S. the S of Smaug
Makes you wonder.

Jax_Teller wrote:I think TABA will definitely be the best one and has the potential to overtake ROTK
I'd be surprised if any of the Hobbit films even came close to what the LOTR trilogy was.

Yeah, Fellowship is my favourite and I don't think it will be matched. And that's fine becasue I'm expecting something different from this franchise. The positive reception to the second one is promising though.

jibran wrote:Yeah, Fellowship is my favorite and I don't think it will be matched. And that's fine because I'm expecting something different from this franchise. The positive reception to the second one is promising though.
I agree with everything you just said.

11072014 wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:I think TABA will definitely be the best one and has the potential to overtake ROTK
I'd be surprised if any of the Hobbit films even came close to what the LOTR trilogy was.
Actually, I've seen quite a few persons saying DOS is the best Pete Jackson has ever done, others say it comes close to LOTR.

Jax_Teller wrote:
11072014 wrote:
Actually, I've seen quite a few persons saying DOS is the best Pete Jackson has ever done, others say it comes close to LOTR.
hyperbole?