The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Morrie's_Wig wrote:Release Date Moved To December 17, 2014
Warner Bros has pushed the release date for The Hobbit: There And Back Again to December 17, 2014 from its original date of July 18, 2014. This is the final film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy adaptation of the JRR Tolkien novel. Hobbit 3 now avoids going up against X-Men: Days Of Future Past and so far is solo in the December 17th spot. The second installment in the franchise, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, will be released on December 13, 2013.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/the-hob ... r-17-2014/
Maybe WB wants that release date for ANOTHER movie :think:
Interstellar? ;)

natalie wrote:
Morrie's_Wig wrote:Release Date Moved To December 17, 2014

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/the-hob ... r-17-2014/
Interstellar? ;)
LOL. Only in our wildest dreams. If Interstellar were to be coming out next summer, it would most likely have to start filming within the month. Or even earlier. We haven't heard enough about this to suggest that will be happening.

BroskiSabor wrote:
natalie wrote:
Interstellar? ;)
LOL. Only in our wildest dreams. If Interstellar were to be coming out next summer, it would most likely have to start filming within the month. Or even earlier. We haven't heard enough about this to suggest that will be happening.
TDKR started filming in May '11.
I know I'm only hoping to get next movie sooner.
gib sigs

BroskiSabor wrote:
natalie wrote:
Interstellar? ;)
Principal photography on Inception began in June 2009 for a July 2010 release date. Production for TDKR began in May 2011 for a July 2012 release date. I think we'll be seeing Interstellar next summer...

On the other hand, X-Men: Days of Future Past also opens July 18, 2014.

George wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote: LOL. Only in our wildest dreams. If Interstellar were to be coming out next summer, it would most likely have to start filming within the month. Or even earlier. We haven't heard enough about this to suggest that will be happening.
Principal photography on Inception began in June 2009 for a July 2010 release date. Production for TDKR began in May 2011 for a July 2012 release date. I think we'll be seeing Interstellar next summer...

Interesting. I didn't realize the schedule Nolan's earlier films had followed. I would still be surprised if we saw Interstellar next summer, since last we heard, Nolan was only "in talks" to direct it. If it started filming in the next couple months, I think we should have heard about casting or something.

But I've steered this thread off topic. I'm glad that this installment got pushed back. Kind of tradition for December releases in the series.

George wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote: LOL. Only in our wildest dreams. If Interstellar were to be coming out next summer, it would most likely have to start filming within the month. Or even earlier. We haven't heard enough about this to suggest that will be happening.

You forget that has a lot to do with the lack of cgi in those films. Insteller may very well have a significantly greater demand for cgi.

-Vader

Thoughts on Smaug? :ugeek:

Vader182 wrote:
George wrote:

You forget that has a lot to do with the lack of cgi in those films. Insteller may very well have a significantly greater demand for cgi.

-Vader
That's a good point. I suppose I've been imagining Interstellar as a very INT. SPACESHIP kind of movie. :think:

They're back into production for the third one
PJ posted this on FB
Back on set for our last Hobbit pick ups. Our last ever Tolkien pick ups, in fact. It's going to be an intense few weeks, but we're looking forward to shooting some powerful scenes with our great cast. Our next blog is coming soon!

Have you not read The Hobbit? The following might be quite spoilerish!

While I can't wait for The Desolation of Smaug, I'm also very curious about this one. Especially because of the Battle of the Five Armies. Speaking of which, it was great to see a lot of (elvish) extra's in the latest blog from a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder, where do I find a making of of WETA digital of the Battle at Minas Tirith I can't really find one on youtube.. ?
As far as I know I think that the Battle of the Five Armies is going to take place partly in the City of Dale and on the land in front of Erebor, I think it's going to be partly on the same scale as the Battle at Minas Tirith was you know. Large armies battling each other.
So I really hope PJ can make this look as impressive as possible. I think it's a shame he used so many digital doubles in An Unexpected Journey where to me it wasn't really always necessary. Especially if you look at Thorin's flashback of the battle at Moria.. While I know there's going to be quite some VFX of the Battle I just hope they use as much real people as they can on the Battle of the Five Armies because the real thing looks better, certainly with the high-quality RED EPIC HFR you know.