The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Patiently awaiting the complete Hobbit 2 hour fan-cut.

I just hope we get to see Galadriel being all badass with her powers at the Battle of Dol Guldur...since PJ did say having three films would allow him to include that battle. :-D

madcowre wrote:I just hope we get to see Galadriel being all badass with her powers at the Battle of Dol Guldur...since PJ did say having three films would allow him to include that battle. :-D
yeah I'm really excited about this battle especially since we don't know anything about it...I'm just wondering what they'll do with Saruman (he's clearly not gonna participate in the battle because Lee's 90 years old)
maybe
some scenes showing him with the Palantir

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
madcowre wrote:I just hope we get to see Galadriel being all badass with her powers at the Battle of Dol Guldur...since PJ did say having three films would allow him to include that battle. :-D
yeah I'm really excited about this battle especially since we don't know anything about it...I'm just wondering what they'll do with Saruman (he's clearly not gonna participate in the battle because Lee's 90 years old)
maybe
some scenes showing him with the Palantir
He can be only in the close-ups and they would use a double for the other shots.

Release Date Moved To December 17, 2014
Warner Bros has pushed the release date for The Hobbit: There And Back Again to December 17, 2014 from its original date of July 18, 2014. This is the final film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy adaptation of the JRR Tolkien novel. Hobbit 3 now avoids going up against X-Men: Days Of Future Past and so far is solo in the December 17th spot. The second installment in the franchise, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, will be released on December 13, 2013.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/the-hob ... r-17-2014/

Morrie's_Wig wrote:Release Date Moved To December 17, 2014
Warner Bros has pushed the release date for The Hobbit: There And Back Again to December 17, 2014 from its original date of July 18, 2014. This is the final film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy adaptation of the JRR Tolkien novel. Hobbit 3 now avoids going up against X-Men: Days Of Future Past and so far is solo in the December 17th spot. The second installment in the franchise, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, will be released on December 13, 2013.
Dunno whether to be happy that it won't have competition or angry that I have to wait 6 more months. :eh:

Well this isn't really surprising
I'm happy it doesn't break the December release date classic and it may receive some Oscar love (not as big as LoTR, but I hope an adapted screenplay for Jackson and co)
But I already find the wait between Hobbit 1 and 2 soooo long :sick:
I watched LOTR back to back at home, so this wait is frustrating

Morrie's_Wig wrote:Release Date Moved To December 17, 2014
Oscar bait confirmed.
gib sigs

I was expecting this tbh. It's tradition for middle earth to have a December release....

I always found that summer release date strange.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."