Blonde (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Netflix's Marilyn Monroe Movie 'Blonde' Rounds Out Cast
As it heads into production in Los Angeles, Netflix's Marilyn Monroe movie Blonde has rounded out its cast.

As previously announced, Ana de Armas will play the Some Like It Hot actress, leading a cast that will include Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale and Julianne Nicholson.

Jackie actor Caspar Phillipson, Toby Huss, Sara Paxton and David Warshofsky will also appear in the feature, along with Lily Fisher (General Hospital), Evan Williams (Versailles) and Xavier Samuel (Adore).
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/n ... ssion=true

Allstar wrote:
November 23rd, 2012, 5:24 pm
The other day we got to speak to Andrew Dominik, whose genuinely amazing new crime film “Killing Them Softly” opens next week. One thing we wanted to make sure of was, after the seemingly epic gulf of time between his brilliant but criminally under-seen “The Assassination of Jesse James and the Coward Robert Ford” and “Killing Me Softly,” that there was at least something in the works. It turns out that the movie he was originally going to do before “Killing Me Softly” is still very much a go. "I'm going to do this movie called 'Blonde,' which is about Marilyn Monroe," Dominik said.

As to the scope of “Blonde,” don’t expect a “Lincoln”-like sliver of the troubled star’s life. "It's about her whole life,” Dominik said, definitively. “It starts when she's seven and it ends when she dies.” Dominik acknowledged that it will be based on the Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award nominated novel by Joyce Carol Oates, then clarified his approach to the material. “It's sort of a Polanski descent-into-madness-type movie,” Dominik explained. “It's about this orphan girl who gets lost in the woods.”

Those comments echo his earlier description of the movie as an "emotional nightmare fairy tale," and Dominik sounds genuinely excited about the project. “I love it,” he said. “It's my dream project and I've been working on it for years and years and years.” Given his ability to make real-world characters into genuinely mythological figures, as he did in both 'Jesse James' and his first film, the hard-nosed Australian drama “Chopper” (that made a star out of some guy named Eric Bana), it seems like the perfect subject matter for the filmmaker.

When we asked Dominik if he was going to push, visually, into the realm of what-is-reality-what-is-fantasy, Dominik said yes. "It's very pseudo-Freudian,” he said. “The lines between fantasy and reality become very blurred in the story." About when the film will actually shoot, Dominik optimistically says, “I'd like to do it next year.” He says he hasn’t hired a cinematographer yet, but that Naomi Watts -- who was attached early on, but over the summer seemed like she might have to bow out -- is still on board, although, as he said, “Anything can happen.”

We wondered though, if he has another project ready to go, should “Blonde” face another delay (which is how “Killing Them Softly” got bumped up in the pipeline). Dominik says no. “It's pretty much all about Marilyn at the moment,” he said.
\

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... olanski-es que-blonde-to-shoot-next-year-naomi-watts-still-attached-20121123
WOAW THIS PROJECT. How can I missed it. It sounds absolutely incredible.

And I was totally blown away by "The Assassination of Jesse James" which is a masterpiece according to me. So I have faith in Andrew Dominik.

And with Ana de Armas, I'M IN.

Ace

Wow, what an asshat.

Ace

Fuck yeah. Looks awesome

Appreciate they kept the N-17 rating (Netflix did try to get it edited but eventually agreed with director's demand) but.. the blonde look does not look as good on Ana as it did on Marilyn (who, I know, also colored her hair).

I was curious how she would look like but now that I've seen it I can confirm what I already suspected. Casting could have been better.

Despite what the internet feminists try to tell you this was really good. Oscar bound I think.