Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Locked
User avatar
Posts: 4761
Joined: June 2012
Location: Gotham City
It would be amazing if Nolan directed, but if he can't then the other choice would be Joss Whedon.
Image

User avatar
Posts: 4317
Joined: June 2012
Location: SUH-waaaaannn-SEA
Neizar wrote:How can ANYONE turn Star Wars into realistic thriller? It's impossible...
Pretty sure there were quite a few people who said that about Batman in 2003/4.

User avatar
Posts: 5202
Joined: January 2012
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Neizar wrote:How can ANYONE turn Star Wars into realistic thriller? It's impossible...
Pretty sure there were quite a few people who said that about Batman in 2003/4.
+1

User avatar
Posts: 8049
Joined: October 2011
Location: Chungking Mansions
Nolan for a Star Wars film is a bad idea. Besides, I want more original stuff from the man.
Do you... like pineapple?

Posts: 323
Joined: August 2012
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Pretty sure there were quite a few people who said that about Batman in 2003/4.
+1
Gee...
Batman isn't fantasy. Batman isn't fantasy. Batman is just a further crime fiction thriller... Don't ALL OF YOU see?

Neither The Prestige, Inception, Insomnia or Memento are fantasy nor impossible . They're just science-fiction... something can possibly happen but i didn't or it's not yet.

I can't believe that many of Nolan fans can't yet know how his mind usually operates. Even the man said it himself in literal >> "(REALITY) is my inspiration." - Chris Nolan

Won't argue anymore.

User avatar
Posts: 9826
Joined: October 2011
Location: Foot of Mt. Belzoni
Batman isn't crime fiction, it's an extremely malleable property that can be all sorts of things.

Nolan might be inspired by reality, but his Batfilms aren't "realistic" - the more key influence is Donner's verisimilitude approach which informs those films right down to the core. Those things couldn't happen in real life, they're not "real", but the world does set its own rules and then it obeys them.

Star Wars essentially does the same thing. It's another malleable property that can hit all sorts of tones and genres. It can be an epic, a western, a mystery, a Shakespearean drama, and so on and so forth.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

User avatar
Posts: 13377
Joined: August 2011
Neizar wrote:Gee...
Batman isn't fantasy. Batman isn't fantasy. Batman is just a further crime fiction thriller... Don't ALL OF YOU see?

Neither The Prestige, Inception, Insomnia or Memento are fantasy nor impossible . They're just science-fiction... something can possibly happen but i didn't or it's not yet.

I can't believe that many of Nolan fans can't yet know how his mind usually operates. Even the man said it himself in literal >> "(REALITY) is my inspiration." - Chris Nolan

Won't argue anymore.
Image
Brave New World

Posts: 7738
Joined: February 2012
Location: Boston, Taxachusetts.
Neizar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
+1
Gee...
Batman isn't fantasy. Batman isn't fantasy. Batman is just a further crime fiction thriller... Don't ALL OF YOU see?

Neither The Prestige, Inception, Insomnia or Memento are fantasy nor impossible . They're just science-fiction... something can possibly happen but i didn't or it's not yet.

I can't believe that many of Nolan fans can't yet know how his mind usually operates. Even the man said it himself in literal >> "(REALITY) is my inspiration." - Chris Nolan

Won't argue anymore.
You're adorable.

User avatar
Posts: 16715
Joined: March 2012
Yes, clearly because Nolan has made films based in reality, it is the only type of movie he can ever do forever.

User avatar
Posts: 1063
Joined: August 2012
Neizar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
+1
Gee...
Batman isn't fantasy. Batman isn't fantasy. Batman is just a further crime fiction thriller... Don't ALL OF YOU see?

Neither The Prestige, Inception, Insomnia or Memento are fantasy nor impossible . They're just science-fiction... something can possibly happen but i didn't or it's not yet.

I can't believe that many of Nolan fans can't yet know how his mind usually operates. Even the man said it himself in literal >> "(REALITY) is my inspiration." - Chris Nolan

Won't argue anymore.

Locked