Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Rumor: 2016 Star Wars Spin-Off Movie Plot Revealed

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumored-star-w ... -off-plot/
Another piece of the rumor we heard is the main character of this film would be introduced in The Force Awakens. If that’s the case, they would have to be much older in that the new film. Maybe in their 60s to 80s.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:Rumor: 2016 Star Wars Spin-Off Movie Plot Revealed

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumored-star-w ... -off-plot/
Another piece of the rumor we heard is the main character of this film would be introduced in The Force Awakens. If that’s the case, they would have to be much older in that the new film. Maybe in their 60s to 80s.
So basically Disney-SW are doing a Disney-Marvel set up.

Carrie Fisher, in Hong Kong for charity ball, revels in Star Wars legacy
Attempting to tease information out of Carrie Fisher about the new Star Wars film was always going to be tough.

But during a visit to Hong Kong to raise funds for local children’s charity The Hub, Fisher did let one thing slip – she is playing a “legacy character” in the film due for release in December next year.

“I’m in it. So are the other people,” she said on Friday, when asked what she can reveal about The Force Awakens, her first appearance as Princess Leia since Return of the Jedi in 1983.

“We’re referred to as the legacy characters. No one knows that,” Fisher said of the tag given to the trio played by herself, Mark “Luke Skywalker” Hamill and Harrison “Han Solo” Ford.
And she soon warmed to the topic – even if she was cool to the idea.

“I always thought that was the worst, oldest word you could ever … It’s something I heard as we were going along: ‘the legacy characters’. That word is very weird to me. It means you have grey hair.”

Never far from a witty line, a flight of fancy or a pointed joke – usually at her own expense – it is not hard to see why Fisher is now almost as well known for her writing and one-woman theatre shows as for her acting career. But her passion for Star Wars always shines through.

When asked to give a message to fans of the movie franchise in Hong Kong, she said: “The thing is about these movies: they’re part of everyone’s childhood and that’s what’s so extraordinary about them.

“People have known me all their lives – better than I’ve known myself. And they’ve liked me a lot more than I’ve liked myself a lot of those times. That’s what I think is so powerful; it’s these fairytales and there’s going to be more. There’s something so darling. There’s this British word, chuffed. I’m chuffed to be a part of it.”

One part of the world that the saga from a galaxy far, far away has not yet cracked is mainland China. Charles Wessler, a film producer who worked on two Star Wars films, said that even back in the 1980s, a privileged few Chinese fans saw the film.

“When we’re working on The Empire Strikes Back, George [Lucas] came to visit and there were like 30 Chinese people. In those days, Chinese people from mainland China in London on a set in 1979? What are they doing here?” said Wessler, who set up Fisher’s visit to The Hub charity ball. “It was really that alien. And George had invited them and he screened Star Warsfor the first time to them on that visit and it blew their minds.”

It is a familiar experience for Fisher, who says watching people see the films for the first time is “fun, like watching a new dawn” – which goes some way to explain why her character has become a pop culture icon.

“I’m not theoretically Princess Leia, but yes I am. I’m her and she’s me,” Fisher says. “There’s no Mini Mouse so I can’t go hang out with her and say, ‘Isn’t this weird?’ There’s not that many people for me to bond with things over. It’s a very particular experience.”

But when the filming actually started, “it was strangely … ordinary. But then that is sort of my ordinary. It was nice to see everyone in the same room, only half of us looked melted. That’s what legacy means in the original Latin. Melted, once young people.”
She continues to be amazing.

Edit: Hopefully TOMORROW or WEDNESDAY for poster of first picture. :D

*not 60, 88 seconds!
:D :D :D

m4st4 wrote:Image

*not 60, 88 seconds!
:D :D :D
Love the avy m4.

DoubleD wrote:Love the avy m4.

AMC Theatres ‏@AMCTheatres 2m2 minutes ago
We can confirm that a teaser for @StarWars: The Force Awakens will play at select AMCs this Friday! Locations soon!

When will the trailer be online?

neb4ever wrote:When will the trailer be online?
As soon as the guy with the shittiest looking bootleg puts in online on Friday, or sooner - if Disney wants it.
Justin LaSalata ‏@justinlasalata 3h3 hours ago
Hmm, Wednesday. Last day before Lucasfilm offices close for the long holiday weekend... #TheForceAwakens #EpisodeVII