Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Why is that Vader? I've done my best to avoid pretty much everything of Interstellar before I finally see it in IMAX so I don't even know how much time they had for post-production..

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Cilogy wrote:so the next year is going to be taken up by SFX work and shit, right?

that's ... worrying
Why?
I don't know, maybe I'm being unreasonable.

Nevermind.

Probably old news but the BBC had an article about filming on Skellig Michael (Ireland) back in the summer. Intrigued as to how parts of the island will fit into the storyline.*

Was the rumour about filming in Skye ever confirmed?

A Christian monastery for those who don't know.

Nomis1700 wrote:Why is that Vader? I've done my best to avoid pretty much everything of Interstellar before I finally see it in IMAX so I don't even know how much time they had for post-production..
He just used analogy. Cilogy is worried about Episode VII in general, which is probably for the best.

‘Star Wars Episode VII’ Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA

CAA has signed Daisy Ridley, the up and coming young actress who is the female lead in the JJ Abrams-directed Star Wars: Episode VII. The plan is for her character to carry through the second and third films that will be directed by Looper helmer Rian Johnson. Ridley appeared in several TV series in London before she was set for the next batch of Star Wars at Disney, following a worldwide casting search. There was a stampede by agencies back then, and she first signed with UTA two months ago.

It is hard to imagine what went wrong there, because she has been shooting Star Wars, a movie that got postponed a bit because of Harrison Ford’s unfortunate accident on the set. Now, it will be CAA that helps build her career. She continues to be repped by attorney Shelby Weiser of Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.

Close up set-photos:

That's a stormtrooper alright.

I really like that this trilogy will have a female lead. I hope Daisy nails it.

As for the villain... I'm not too crazy about the villain having used Darth Vader as a puppet... None of that was implied in the OT of course and I don't like it when they change that sort of things.
However, the villain (the Cyborg I guess) could be a Sith Lord of the old days or something like that who became 'immortal' by becoming more and more machine (sort of like Sidious said about his master who said they could become immortal). I do like the idea of the Stormtroopers regrouped and led by this Cyborg to wipe out all the remaining Jedi Knights (becoming the Inquisition). I figure Luke at least had a short time of success with training new Jedi Knights or so... I still like the idea of Luke turning to the Dark Side; If handled well that could work out great.

However it may be, I really like the filmmaking approach they're making from those leaked pics, more practical and stuff like that. The cast is great too. I can't wait to see it!!

Cumby last night on Graham Norton:
"‘I went to the set,’ he admitted. ‘It was incredible’ – before hastily telling the talk show host: ‘I probably shouldn’t be saying these things.’ Wow. Could he have just accidentally given away a hint of an actual appearance in the film? Looks like we may have to wait a while to find out, since Norton’s questions about a possible appearance were met with a simple ‘no comment’."