Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:Dude, Avatar is boring, generic, and cliche, but it's CGI is goddamn amazing.

Actual PS2 graphics:
He was talking about VFX while they play the scenes, lol.

Pre-vis shot.

Am I right?

SilverHeart wrote:Dude, Avatar is boring, generic, and cliche, but it's CGI is goddamn amazing.

Actual PS2 graphics:
I was talking about the perf cap pre rendering.

Of course, Avatar looks amazing.

Oh, you mean previs :lol: I see what you mean.

I just hope these SW films don't have the same look and tone as Abrams ST films. He also needs to cut down on those damn annoying lens flares. At times, his ST films were similar to Bays Transformers films.

The headaches kick in around the 30-45 minute mark. Ugh

They will I believe, JJ Abrams has always been a major SW fanboy, and it shows in ST. He knows about the lens flares, but he said he can't help himself, and I'm happy about it, I love those, Super 8 looks fricking gorgeous, that scene before the train derails, and they are shooting their zombie movie, is just superb.

Jax_Teller wrote:They will I believe, JJ Abrams has always been a major SW fanboy, and it shows in ST. He knows about the lens flares, but he said he can't help himself, and I'm happy about it, I love those, Super 8 looks fricking gorgeous, that scene before the train derails, and they are shooting their zombie movie, is just superb.

I think the lens flares are too much. Abrams needs to calm down a bit with those cause it is just unnecessary at times and headache inducing. Especially with all his close ups when viewing on IMAX and the sound system.

Aiiieeeeeeeee!

I don't want the color palettes he used in the ST films to be the same as the ones he will use for SW. If he goes that same route, I will be disappointed.

JJ's looking to use IMAX on this film.

Inherently neat, but considering how wasted it was with STID, I can't say it's even mildly exciting to me.

Crazy Eight wrote:JJ's looking to use IMAX on this film.

Inherently neat, but considering how wasted it was with STID, I can't say it's even mildly exciting to me.
I can guarantee you it's gonna go down the same way.

Distributors and theaters have run out of fucks to give.

Saoirse Ronan Up For Star Wars Part

As rumours continue surrounding casting for Star Wars Episode VII, actress Saoirse Ronan admits she has auditioned for a role.

2:07pm UK, Tuesday 01 October 2013

Saoirse Ronan confirms she has thrown her hat in the ring for a part

Saoirse Ronan has confirmed to Sky News she has read for a part in the new Star Wars film.

The 19-year-old Irish actress, whose new film How I Live Now opens this week, has confirmed rumours that she’s auditioned for a role - before modestly adding "so has everyone".

As with any JJ Abrams film, plot details are almost non-existent, but it’s thought Saoirse Ronan could have auditioned for the part of Han Solo and Princess Leia’s daughter.

When questioned on the subject of the film by Sky News - the Atonement star said bosses would "chop off her head with a light-sabre" if she revealed any more.
http://news.sky.com/story/1148795/saoir ... -wars-part

Added to timeline

She's in it, she has to be. :think: