87th Academy Awards: 2015

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:Just returned from my 4th viewing of Interstellar. McC not getting any consideration for Best Actor is a complete sham. It's far and away his best film performance.
lmao

I understand if you want to call it his best but come on....

Allstar wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Just returned from my 4th viewing of Interstellar. McC not getting any consideration for Best Actor is a complete sham. It's far and away his best film performance.
lmao

I understand if you want to call it his best but come on....
Truth hurts, I know.

Yeah, it is just so far and away better than Dallas Buyers Club. Totally man.

Allstar wrote:Yeah, it is just so far and away better than Dallas Buyers Club. Totally man.
Which is why him not getting a nom this year will be ridiculous.

Allstar wrote:Yeah, it is just so far and away better than Dallas Buyers Club. Totally man.
It is. By a mile.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
It is. By a mile.
Okay but you weren't calling it the best performance of last year like this other guy here....

Allstar wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
It is. By a mile.
Okay but you weren't calling it the best performance of last year like this other guy here....
Eh. I think it's pretty terrific. I haven't seen a lot of the other stuff from this year but so far my top 5 would be:

1. Gyllenhaal
2. McConaughey
3. Cumberbatch
4. Teller
5. Spall

Bale, edgerton. :batman:

I think at this point, Oyelowo is a shoe-in. I wasn't too sure about his performance, not a lot of meat, but I suppose he was a pretty convincing principal.