87th Academy Awards: 2015

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
no matter who wins

we all lose

ChristNolan wrote:Just returned from my 4th viewing of Interstellar. McC not getting any consideration for Best Actor is a complete sham. It's far and away his best film performance.
Year after HE GOT AN OSCAR? Come the fuck on, be realistic here.

m4st4 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Just returned from my 4th viewing of Interstellar. McC not getting any consideration for Best Actor is a complete sham. It's far and away his best film performance.
Tom Hanks realistic enough?

just saying

m4st4 wrote:
Hanks, Hepburn, Tracy, Robards

the_red_ninja wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Tom Hanks realistic enough?

just saying
Tom Hanks gave the best performance both in 1993 and 1994. Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn and Jason Robards also won in consecutive years.

Edit: Armand got me. :shifty:

ArmandFancypants wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Hanks, Hepburn, Tracy, Robards
I don't care about the statistics, I'm talking Academy right now, added on the fact that Interstellar has no reason to expect anything besides technical stuff because... politics? Bad timing? Don't know but it is how it is.

m4st4 wrote:I don't care about the statistics, I'm talking Academy right now, added on the fact that Interstellar has no reason to expect anything besides technical stuff because... politics? Bad timing? Don't know but it is how it is.
I don't think that it is so much about politics or timing. It just seems that critics and voters didn't love it that much. Unfortunately.

Panapaok wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I don't care about the statistics, I'm talking Academy right now, added on the fact that Interstellar has no reason to expect anything besides technical stuff because... politics? Bad timing? Don't know but it is how it is.
I don't think that it is so much about politics or timing. It just seems that critics and voters didn't love it that much. Unfortunately.
Just wanted to add that (most important) factor as well - yes.

We don't really have a strong idea of what AMPAS thinks about it yet at all, though...

ArmandFancypants wrote:We don't really have a strong idea of what AMPAS thinks about it yet at all, though...
What do you think they'll think?