87th Academy Awards: 2015

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A lot of places have Interstellar sweeping technical nominations as well. Like Gravity, it's Interstellar's to lose for sure.

Also, I still have no idea what the difference between sound mixing and sound editing are. I mean, I know they aren't the same thing, since the nominations and winner of one of them aren't the same as the other, but I don't really know what the distinguishing factor is.

He doesn't really have any of the actors high on his list. A lot of pundits don't have much of the actors high on their list. I can't see how the movie can be big threat to win without least one of the actors getting nominated. Besides Return of the King, I can't think of any movie that won best picture without one actor getting nominated.

radewart wrote:He doesn't really have any of the actors high on his list. A lot of pundits don't have much of the actors high on their list. I can't see how the movie can be big threat to win without least one of the actors getting nominated. Besides Return of the King, I can't think of any movie that won best picture without one actor getting nominated.
And no in best original screenplay:
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Frontrunners
Boyhood (Richard Linklater)
Birdman (Armando Bo, Alexander Dinelaris, Nicolas Giabone, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu)
Foxcatcher (Dan Futterman, E. Mx Frye)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Wes Anderson)
Mr. Turner (Mike Leigh)

BlairCo wrote:'I Love You All' from Frank for Best Song Nomination.

I honestly can't see any other film but Interstellar winning BP.

Go Nolan! :twothumbsup:

TDK_jackasstrange wrote:I honestly can't see any other film but Interstellar winning BP.

You're not missed on FG 8-)

MuzzleSuarez wrote:
TDK_jackasstrange wrote:I honestly can't see any other film but Interstellar winning BP.

Keep telling yourself that :ugeek:

I honestly can't understand the logic behind rooting for a film you haven't seen yet to win a competition among other films you haven't seen yet.

TDK_jackasstrange wrote:
MuzzleSuarez wrote:

Keep telling yourself that :ugeek:
Oh I'm sorry I forgot about your sock accounts :lol:

BlairCo wrote:'I Love You All' from Frank for Best Song Nomination.
:thumbup: YES PLEASE!
My predictions are Into the Woods, Begin Again, TFIOS, Lego Movie and any song from the Muppets movie atm but I'll love it if the Academy nominated something from Frank 8-)
Last edited by DoubleD on September 16th, 2014, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilers