Thoughts on the changes to the Star Wars Trilogy

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Worst Change to the Star Wars Trilogy?

Greedo Shoots First
16%
"Jedi Rocks"
21%
Darth Vader's "Nooo!!!"
32%
Obi Wan's New Krayt Dragon Call
No votes
ROTJ's New Ending
5%
Han and Jabba The Hutt's Conversation
5%
Oola's Fate
No votes
New Lightsaber Effects
No votes
Hayden Christensen's Ghost
21%
Blinking Ewoks
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 19

I know the changes to the Star Wars Trilogy have been very controversial. I made this thread to discuss (or complain) about Lucas' unnecessary changes to one of the greatest film trilogies of all time.

Just my opinion, the 97 Special Editions didn't bother me too much. Mostly all visual enhancements that I liked, especially in Empire. From 2007 and onward, though, shits got wayy out of hand. Changing dialogue and adding ties to the prequels and all that shit fucked up everything. And yeah, don't even get me started on the 2011 bull shit. ROTJ is now 100% ruined.

I like all these changes by Lucas.
:| :lol:

The CGI? Fine, you wanna appeal to newer audiences. Change Anakin and add some scenes with prequel locales? I get it, you wanna keep with the continuity.

But why? Why for the love of God did he have to add another fucking "Nooooooooo!"?

And don't get me started on Kenobi's howl in Ep. 4.

DreamPolice wrote:
I HATE THAT.

ComptonTerry wrote:
DreamPolice wrote:
I HATE THAT.

So tough to ONLY pick three
Jedi Rocks is the worst song i've heard in my life and the alien singer is so ugly
-Greedo Shoots First is completely wrong
-CGI that feel so wrong in a 1977 film
-A completery unnessesary conversion between Jabba and Han where Jabba's appearance is spoiled, the Falcon's appearance is spoiled, the conversation is what Han said to Greedo two minutes before and Jabba's CGI is terrible
-What the hell is Obi-Wan Krayt Dragon noise in the blu-rays??
-NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
-HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN AT THE END OF JEDI FUCK YOU GEORGE LUCAS FUCK YOU

The only change I like in the alterations is the music in the end of Jedi, it's definitely one of the greatest pieces of music of John Williams, but I prefer Cheesy Ewok Song-Sebastian Shaw than new music-HAYDEN FUCKING CHRISTENSEN

I am completely against the changes Lucas made, every single one of them. The Films were released in 1977-1983 and they try to make it look like a Modern Day Sci-Fi film with completely redundant CGI changes. I despise what Lucas did to his Masterpiece Trilogy.

Never watched the originals. I'm a bit young.

I ordered the 'Original Unaltered Trilogy', I wanna watch it even without the 'remastering'.

I'm now downloading a fan edit called 'A New Hope Revisited'. The 'Purist Version', which appearently is the original film but with enhanced quality. Let's see.

Even without watching the originals, I can say that the worst changes were without a doubt 'Greedo shoots first' and the big 'NOOO'. Both scenes look really stupid with Green missing despite the fact that he was about a meter away and Vader looking silly and out-of-character.

The changes like the CGI or Hayden did not bother me that much.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

All that shit aside, I can't wait for the NEW fan revised editions:

https://vimeo.com/42267082 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Added ships, re-colored Ion cannon, new matte backgrounds, HUD elements moving on the monitors. Wow.