Ferrari (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sky007 wrote:Thief, Manhunter, The Insider, Heat are masterpieces.
Last of the Mohicans, bitch.

Hyperbole much. Let's not throw such a word around so carelessly.

I guess you could say Christian Bailed

I'm ashamed at how hard that made me laugh

LOL Fassy is happy.

MyCocaine wrote:
Hyperbole much. Let's not throw such a word around so carelessly.
Ok, "arguably" but Heat is an undisputed masterpiece and a landmark.

Master Virgo wrote:I don't know man, I look at Mann's career and see Mohicans, Heat, The Insider, Collateral, Manhunter and Thief and on a lesser level Ali and Public Enemies which are solid, although not special. You bunch want to see only Blackhat or Miami Vice go ahead. The guy is a legend for all I'm concerned and I will always look forward to anything he's planning to work on.£
That's what makes things sad, actually. How the hell the same guy who made Heat and The Insider, a pair of absolutes masterpieces, also made really unispired stuff like Blackhat or Public Enemies? It's amusing and (again) sad. It's also weird that he keeps getting big budgets even if he doesn't even has the critics on his side anymore-he never made a lot of hits to start with...

MyCocaine wrote:
Cilogy wrote:wait how do we know this necessarily has to with Mann himself?

sounds like Bale just didn't wanna go through the health issues
We don't. I'm speculating. But there were rumors of trouble between Bale and Mann a week or two ago.

So we got the Johnny Depp horror stories, the rumors last week and now this. Seems like trouble.

Also, why would weight gain be such a necessity for the role of Enzo Ferrari?
Eh, I agree more with Cil. Maybe Mann is not the most pleasant guy to work with (he isn't at all lol), but it seems like it was an actual weight issue; he also seemed to drop out of another film (The Deep Blue Good-by) because of health issues as well. It isn't healthy for him anymore, otherwise he might end up with diabetes or something else (but also bad.)

I think Bale is taking a break. He has done like 5 movies in 2 years.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Hugh Jackman and Naomi Rapace to star.
Michael Mann’s Ferrari is revving again, with Hugh Jackman now in talks to play Enzo Ferrari, and Noomi Rapace to play his estranged wife Linda. Their relationship, as fiery and combustible as the race cars that Ferrari designed, plays a big part in the script Mann wrote. They have loosely been discussing this teaming for months, and now things are starting to move for a summer 2018 production start. This comes as Jackman’s final Wolverine turn, Logan, has become a box office juggernaut, grossing north of $250 million WW in its first week and about to pass $100 million in domestic grosses.

Ferrari is the drama Mann started in partnership with the late director Sydney Pollack almost 17 years ago. The film takes place in 1957, a year where passion, failure, success and death and life all collided in Ferrari’s battle for supremacy against rival Maserati. Christian Bale was going to play Ferrari two years ago, but developed health concerns when he began putting on weight. That should be easier for Jackman. He is a close physical match for Ferrari, and no longer has to obsessively count every calorie and bench press rep. Never has a star showed up as consistently ripped for such a sustained period, as Jackman has for the entirety of his Wolverine appearances in the X-Men films and the spinoff trilogy that concluded with Logan. The reward here could be a few bowls of pasta, playing the Italian automotive icon.
http://deadline.com/2017/03/hugh-jackma ... 202039278/

So Jackman is going to put on weight for this? He's been fit af for so long lol