Enzo Ferrari Biopic (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dodd wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Back to Mann (?) and Bale is on for Enzo

http://deadline.com/2015/08/christian-b ... 201502529/
Mann has toyed with my heart so much. After Cyber it is really hard for me to defend the guy. Still think he is the goat doe
You mean Blackhat? :lol:

Christian Bale To Star In Michael Mann’s ‘Ferrari’ Film, One Hot Pic Package

EXCLUSIVE: Christian Bale has said yes to playing Italian car magnate Enzo Ferrari in the long awaited film by director Michael Mann. The picture, which will shoot next summer, isn’t set up just yet. But as we ponder the films up for grabs at the upcoming Telluride, Toronto and Venice Film Festivals, is there a more desirable presale property right now than Ferrari, with Mann and Bale driving the vehicle?

Christian Bale Steve JobsmichaelmannMann has been working under the hood of this film for close to 15 years, at one time in partnership with the late director Sydney Pollack. It is a real passion project for the director and is exactly the kind of picture he should be making. The film takes place in 1957, a year where passion, failure, success and death and life all collided. Several actresses circling the female lead as a love story is a big part of the picture. I know things didn’t work out for Mann most recently with Blackhat. As a longtime fan of his films, this sounds to me to be potentially one that I will probably see over and over, as I have Mann films including The Last Of The Mohicans, The Insider, Collateral, and most especially Heat, the latter of which is 20 years old this fall.

Please shoot it on film, Mr. Mann.

Sincerely,
The world

m4st4 wrote:
Dodd wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Back to Mann (?) and Bale is on for Enzo

http://deadline.com/2015/08/christian-b ... 201502529/
Mann has toyed with my heart so much. After Cyber it is really hard for me to defend the guy. Still think he is the goat doe
You mean Blackhat? :lol:
Oops. Yeah.

Guess it really was super forgettable. :lol:

This seems like a different project as it's based on the 1957 season and appears to be like a Enzo Ferrari biopic but the earlier film was based on a book about the 1966 season in which Ferrari was basically the antagonistic team.

That sounds cool. Bale fan here, btw.

Fast cars and Christian Bale? Count me in.

Amazing how his career keeps getting better and better. He deserves it.

I wouldn't consider starring in a Mann movie a great thing these days. Hopefully it will be a return to form for him.