Enzo Ferrari Biopic (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dodd wrote: good on him

Mann used to be my fav director. When he does it right he hits it out of the park, but lately its ben dud after dud. hard to stick up for him these days.
I wouldn't call Public Enemies a dud tbh. It's a solid effort that never really soars but still has a very good ending.£

Master Virgo wrote:

Mann used to be my fav director. When he does it right he hits it out of the park, but lately its ben dud after dud. hard to stick up for him these days.
I wouldn't call Public Enemies a dud tbh. It's a solid effort that never really soars but still has a very good ending.£
decent but didn't even scratch the surface of potential. cool material to work with plus Depp x Bale x Cotillard but it just didn't deliver.

Plus Cyber was trash as hell. His last hit was Collateral and that was over 10 years ago.

Dodd wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:

decent but didn't even scratch the surface of potential. cool material to work with plus Depp x Bale x Cotillard but it just didn't deliver.

Plus Cyber was trash as hell. His last hit was Collateral and that was over 10 years ago.
Also his last movie without shaky-cam lol.

Me thinks Bale is done with the gain-loss weight; if he doesn't stop with that, he'll end like poor Tom Hanks.

MyCocaine wrote:Christian Bale has exited 'Enzo Ferrari' Biopic. Apparently, citing health concerns about weight gain.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... ari-856310

Personally, I just think, he aint having any of Mann's bullshit. Depp had problems with Mann as well during the making of Public Enemies. Depp refused to speak with him throughout the entire shoot.
Wow. Didn't know that. And Depp is known as a very nice actor to work with.

wait how do we know this necessarily has to with Mann himself?

sounds like Bale just didn't wanna go through the health issues

Cilogy wrote:wait how do we know this necessarily has to with Mann himself?

sounds like Bale just didn't wanna go through the health issues
We don't. I'm speculating. But there were rumors of trouble between Bale and Mann a week or two ago.

So we got the Johnny Depp horror stories, the rumors last week and now this. Seems like trouble.

Also, why would weight gain be such a necessity for the role of Enzo Ferrari?
Last edited by MyCocaine on January 15th, 2016, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nah…. Bale bailed on this so he could be in DUNKIRK

Sky007 wrote:Nah…. Bale bailed on this so he could be in DUNKIRK
Yeah, that would be nice. Btw, he was working with Mann already.

I don't know man, I look at Mann's career and see Mohicans, Heat, The Insider, Collateral, Manhunter and Thief and on a lesser level Ali and Public Enemies which are solid, although not special. You bunch want to see only Blackhat or Miami Vice go ahead. The guy is a legend for all I'm concerned and I will always look forward to anything he's planning to work on.£

Thief, Manhunter, The Insider, Heat are masterpieces.