What Is Your Favorite Film?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
Alberto wrote:
No, it's not.
Tolkien meant it to be one book. So I'm taking it as one film. I also did this thing where I put all the movies on a VHS tape without the breaks and credits in between, and even if I don't watch it that way most of the time I still prefer to call it one movie. I'm not the only one who says it's one film.
It's not one film. FACT.

Bacon wrote:
Alberto wrote:
No, it's not.
Tolkien meant it to be one book. So I'm taking it as one film. I also did this thing where I put all the movies on a VHS tape without the breaks and credits in between, and even if I don't watch it that way most of the time I still prefer to call it one movie. I'm not the only one who says it's one film.
Tolkien indeed meant it to be one book. But it isn't. And even if it were, it wouldn't have been one movie. Cause you can't put that great story into one single film. You would like it to be one film, but it isn't. There are three separate Lord of the Rings movies. Do you consider The Dark Knight trilogy one movie? Just because they share the same story, each movie continuing the previous one, doesn't mean it's only one film.

2:42
We believe it's one movie. Deal. With. It.

The entire trilogy makes up my top 3 favorite films ever, but this is probably in the number one spot (even though I pretty much love them all equally.)

In a close 4th place is Inception.

Bacon wrote:
Your belief is incorrect and can be disproved with documented facts.

Bacon wrote:
You can believe anything you want, it doesn't make it a fact. You could believe in Santa Claus, doesn't make fim real..same applies here. Just because Tolkien meant for it all to be one book, didn't make it one book, and it sure as fuck doesn't make it one movie.

Red Hood wrote:Alien
Aliens
LOTR Trilogy
Original Star Wars Trilogy (Theatrical edition, screw the 1997 special edition, 2004 rerelase, and the Blu-Ray)
The Dark Knight Rises
Inception
Terminator
T2: Judgement Day
Citizen Kane
The Godfather
The Godfather II
Tron (1982)
Toy Story Trilogy
You're supposed to choose one, and only one.
DoubleD wrote:
07202012 wrote:No need to sound pretentious. It doesn't matter what it is. Classic or not.
Just state your favorite film. JUST ONE.
What's yours?
The Dark Knight, because it was the film that changed my perspective and gave me a passion for films.

For me it switches around with the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blade Runner (final cut), Casablanca, Memento and Network. But the edge probably goes to Raiders because I still remember the first time I saw it even though I was like 4 and it totally game me my passion for film.

The Red Balloon