No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'd be delighted if Mendes finished it all off as a trilogy.

On the proviso that Delbonnel takes over lensing for the 3rd one.

ArmandFancypants wrote:I'd be delighted if Mendes finished it all off as a trilogy.

Don't speak too soon—for all we know Spectre's a stinker.

Don't jinx us Armand.

-Vader

chinn70 wrote:say all you can, but it will happen.
K...

Vader182 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:I'd be delighted if Mendes finished it all off as a trilogy.

Don't jinx us Armand.

-Vader
This. I still have no idea what to expect from SPECTRE.

Vader182 wrote:

Don't jinx us Armand.

-Vader
Eh, at least at the script level I'm satisfied that it's through and through going to be a Mendes film in its focus on a kind of family unit, and how that strengthens AND disintegrates so as a Mendes fan in general I'd be curious to see where it would go anyway.

I think there are very few people on this forum who've already seen SPECTRE but then again, quite some have read the script.. Either way, here's what I think of Bond 25:

SPOILERS
To me, SPECTRE is the perfect finale for Craig's era. It ties everything from his films together and it actually has an ending for Bond, which works as a send off for Craig. I think this is the ideal place for Craig to end his run. I mean, let's just assume he would return for the 25th Bond he'd be at least 49 during principal photography and I think that's pushing it. Then again, Brosnan was also 49 in Die Another Day and he managed to pull it off, Craig can probably do so as well even though he got quite some injuries during SPECTRE didn't he? So besides the fact that it would really be the last one for Craig, what about the story? Like I said, the ending of SPECTRE is a perfect goodbye for Craig. His films all tie together neatly and he got quite some development. Not a lot of the Bond actors can say the same. What good would Bond 25 do to the story they told in SPECTRE? I don't think much. Although, yeah if it'd be another direct sequel (which it basically has to be with Craig) I'm sure they can find a way to bring him back. There are probably multiple ways it could work, even though that might even be in the least sense of the word.
While I don't feel like Bond needs to be rebooted at all, I really loved SPECTRE, they made it quite a good place to do so. But then again, how to reboot after Craig? Will they simply wait a little longer and just recast Bond and keep everyone else? I mean, Lee, Llewyn and Maxwell did a whole lot of Bond films so why couldn't they keep the present M, Q and Moneypenny as well? The only thing that makes it a bit difficult to me is the story, since Skyfall and SPECTRE fit together so well and Fiennes/Wishaw/Harris all started with Skyfall and now have only been in two Bond films which are so tied to Craig.
I can get used to just Bond being recast and keeping the old cast but the tricky part is how they'll handle the story. What if they want to use Waltz' Blofeld again? He's still alive after all and I figure Spectre can endure. And what about Bond's character development? Will they just get rid of that with recasting him?
It's just weird thinking about it this way. I'm so used to Craig's era since I grew up with his Bond films. I figure it's going to be very interesting to see what the producers are planning to do. Even more so since Sony's run with Bond is coming to an end as well. I wouldn't be surprised if WB gets it and we all know how good that would turn out for a certain future director :D :gonf:

So...any guesses for the next director? After getting Mendes, I'm convinced the producers will do anything for another huge name.

If Craig leaves, get Martin Campbell back, he successfully launched. Bond already twice :D (and they were the two best films post-Connery in my book)

Now Where Was I ? wrote:So...any guesses for the next director?
Hopefully Refn.

Joe Wright

My dream choice would be Danny Boyle, but I know he's stated that he's not interested in directing one. If they want to keep looking for directors with quality resumes, I could see someone like Jean-Marc Vallée or Tom Hooper stepping in. Alfonso Cuaron is another exciting name I'd like to see. And I like Cilogy's choice. After bombing out with Pan, Joe Wright could resurrect himself with a proper franchise film, and he's handled action pretty well before with Hanna.