No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
look

honestly

when I get to the part where Billie sings ♫ Fool me once, fool me twice

I always follow with ♫ Fool me chicken soup with rice

I feel like I'm never going to get to see this movie.

There’s a new 4chan leak that seems genuinely spot on for once, for those interested (or similarly impatient because fucking hell, 7 more months

Director Cary Fukunaga Says No Time to Die is 'Great As It Is' Without Added 'Polish' - ComingSoon.net
When asked by a fan on Instagram if director Cary Fukunaga and the post-production team were able to “trim it and polish it,” Fukunaga replied, “Some people have asked me this and although more time would have been lovely, we had to put our pencils down when we finished our post-production window, which was thankfully before COVID shut everything else down.”

After a fan asked why they weren’t about to use “such a delay to add some polish,” Fukunaga explained that the “short answer is money. And although Bond is a big movie, we still have to weigh cost with value. And like anything, you could tinker endlessly. The movie is great as it is, hope yall will feel [the] same too when it comes out.”

Guys, do you believe you'll see this movie in 2020? Asking for a (very pessimistic) friend. If I could, I'd add a poll.

m4st4 wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 9:55 pm
Guys, do you believe you'll see this movie in 2020? Asking for a (very pessimistic) friend. If I could, I'd add a poll.
I think so. If cinemas don't reopen November I would genuinely think some sort of straight to home release becomes a legit possibility. Firstly - MGM has nothing else and with the film completed and $30-50m already written off as a result of delaying the film, there may come a point where their investors (not to mention promotional partners like Nokia, Omega, Heineken that had to also delay or write off their campaigns) will want the cash flow sooner, even if it is less. Secondly - if cinemas remain closed by November will the state of cinemas and how much you can earn will ever get back to normal,.between cinemas and chains that would shut down and audience preferences changing? And thirdly - Universal's shenanigans these past 24 hours have proved they'd definitely be on board with facilitating this for MGM if they decide to go that route.

Rumors swirl that No Time To Die may suffer another release date delay

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... y?id=04690.
Could another delay be on the cards for the 25th James Bond film 'No Time To Die'?

A few days ago, a release window war kicked off between Universal and AMC when the studio (who is distributing 'No Time To Die' outside of North America) revealed their success with premium on demand streaming of their new titles that were pulled from cinemas when the Coronavirus pandemic shuttered screens. AMC retaliated with a ban of Universal movies from all their chains unless Universal backed down and reverted to the 90-day 'only in theatres' exclusive release window. The impasse remains.

With that backdrop comes news that MGM may be considering punting the release of 'No Time To Die' to sometime in 2021 to ensure cinemas are back open to full capacity. MGM is said to be against a digital release strategy, in contrast to Universal.

"If it has to wait till next year then so be it,' a source told the usually-reliable Baz Bamigboye in the Daily Mail. "There are hundreds of millions of dollars involved here. Release it when audiences feel safe to return. But it's a nerve-racking call."

The pressure is down to when and if a move is made. Studios are quickly snapping up 2021 release dates as dozens of big movies are seeing delays of over a year. There is an uncertainty that cinemas will be widely reopened by November. California recently published its phased re-opening plan and it is probable that cinemas will only be running at 25% capacity by November. Does MGM move 'No Time To Die' again now to ensure a good spot in 2021, or hold on until later in the year when a better picture of the worldwide situation will be available? MGM has already lost a reported $30m on marketing the film for its April 2020 date that has since been and gone - it may be gunshy about spending more money on a date that will inevitably change again.

Most of the industry coverage has been about the mechanics of a release and cinema capacity, but one aspect that has been often overlooked is consumer sentiment. A recent survey of 200,000 people in the United States found that only 73% would feel comfortable going back to cinemas 6 months after the COVID-19 pandemic is cleared. Even if everyone was immune from the virus tomorrow, that puts 007's plans for a November release at a significant box-office disadvantage.

A push to 2021 would still not create the largest break between Bond films ever. Back in 1995, 6 years, 3 months, and 30 days had passed between the world premiere of 'Licence To Kill' in 1989 and the return of 007 to screens with 'GoldenEye'. Even if 'No Time To Die' pushes to April 2021, that would 'only' be a break of 5 years and 5 months.

bruh