No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ugh genetic warfare

so basically some modernized recycled version of YOLT and DAD?

gee thanks

Cilogy wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 5:58 pm
i can't keep up with these new teen phrases

Cilogy wrote:
ugh genetic warfare

gee thanks
f&fp:h&s also has genetically enhanced supersoldier

and i guess it will be more entertaining

Cilogy wrote:
ugh genetic warfare

gee thanks
...YOLT had nothing to do with genetic warfare and DAD only used it to disguise the villain rather than it being the plot

So play on

There’s a typical Bond villain/plot in this movie?

God I cannot contain the hype for this, despite numerous development/script red flags. But Fukunaga truly is David Fincher 2.0... right, guys?

Love the cast and locales so far. And 25 could cement Craig as my favorite 007.

Numbers wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 2:37 pm
antovolk wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 1:54 pm
New and awesome interview with Waller Bridge:
https://deadline.com/2019/05/phoebe-wal ... 202624860/
“There’s been a lot of talk about whether or not [the Bond franchise] is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women,” she said. “I think that’s bollocks. I think he’s absolutely relevant now. It has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly. He doesn’t have to. He needs to be true to this character.”
“When I saw his Bond for the first time, there was a wryness to his performance that I really loved,” she said. “So, I was really excited about writing dialogue for him. I mean, the script was there. It’s already there. I think it’s unfair to say that I’m writing the script.”
This pleases me.
Same here. I remain optimistic.

Ace
During the filming of a controlled explosion on the set of Bond 25 today at Pinewood Studios, damage was caused to the exterior of the 007 Stage. There were no injuries on set, however one crew member outside the stage has sustained a minor injury.
https://twitter.com/007/status/1135964684916613125?s=20

The Sun newspaper claimed that crew were testing a stunt involving a fireball in a laboratory when the incident took place.

"There were three huge explosions and it’s blown part of the Bond stage roof off and some wall panels off the stage," a source told the paper. "There were three loud explosions, one after another, and a member of the crew was lying on the floor outside the building injured.

So many movies made in the 80s and 90s wouldn't be able to withstand the tabloid scrutiny of today.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 2:28 pm
So many movies made in the 80s and 90s wouldn't be able to withstand the tabloid scrutiny of today.

-Vader
Hell, go even further back than that and the filmmaking process was basically a free-for-all of "Yeah fuck it, let's see what happens" decisions on a daily basis.

People fucking died making a John Landis film (segment) and he got to keep working so yeah.

This is however an extraordinarily beleaguered production.