No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MI6 HQ - Rockets & Gulags
No Time To Die production designer Mark Tildesley spills some beans

new Norwegian newspaper says that Rami Malek’s Safin

Comes from a family of Russian pharmacists.

Which reminds me of the leak during Boyle’s tenure...

Bond 25 Casting Call
Male Leading Role
Playing age: 30’s - 60’s
Russian. (Also open to suggestions of actors from the Balkans or similar) Must speak fluent English.
Characteristics: Charismatic, Powerful, Innovative, Cosmopolitan, Bright, Cold and Vindictive.

Female Leading Role
Playing age: 30 - 45
Russian. (Also open to suggestions of actresses from the Balkans or similar) Must speak fluent English.
Very Striking. Strong Physical / fighting / stage combat skills required.
Characteristics: Intelligent, brave, fierce and charming. She's witty and skillful. A survivor.
https://deadline.com/2018/09/said-taghmaoui-james-bond-villain-danny-boyle-uncertain-120246218
“I’m supposed to do the next James Bond, playing the lead bad guy,” Taghmaoui said. “I was cast by Danny Boyle, and just now he left the project, so of course there’s some uncertainty.”
In an interview with The National newspaper in Abu Dhabi, Taghmaoui said he had recently been contacted by the project’s producers. Said Taghmaoui, “We don’t know who the director will be, and the producers don’t know if they’re going to go Russian or Middle East with the baddie right now. I literally just received a message saying: ‘If they go Middle East, it’s you. If they go Russian, it’s someone else.'”

Do we have any idea how much of this was shot on IMAX film? Like how many minutes or what percentage of the runtime?

marshallmurphy wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 1:44 pm
Do we have any idea how much of this was shot on IMAX film? Like how many minutes or what percentage of the runtime?
30 minutes of the film.

antovolk wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 6:08 am
marshallmurphy wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 1:44 pm
30 minutes of the film.
Thank you!

But did they shoot some dialogue on 65mm, or is the rest all 35mm? I thought I read that somewhere...

Nomis wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 8:04 am
But did they shoot some dialogue on 65mm, or is the rest all 35mm? I thought I read that somewhere...
Some dialogue within the IMAX sequences (for sure in pre-titles, and some of the final act) was on 5-perf 65mm, yes.

Aight that's pretty cool

Brought a week forward in the States

MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

Just as NTTD was a first big one to move the first time, I expect others to follow into 2021. 2020 movie season = cancelled.