No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 8:31 pm
Which just makes it all the more baffling why she decides to whisper the exact same way on every damn song. This is fine, but like....it's just a Billie Eilish song with strings and a (very brief) louder finale.
Honestly...why not? It’s her “thing” anyway. I know a lot of people associate good vocals/singing with loud, powerful vocals ala Adele, but there’s more than just one or a few types of good ways to sing. She has pretty great technique, range, and sometimes it is actually harder to pull off quiet singing than scream your head off. I don’t really see her style of singing as something that should necessarily be improved

I wasn’t really a big fans of her mainly because I hated that ‘you should see me in a crown’ song pretty badly, but these past few months I’ve really grown to like her and what she’s been doing in music

Ruth wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 9:09 pm
Bacon wrote:
Which just makes it all the more baffling why she decides to whisper the exact same way on every damn song. This is fine, but like....it's just a Billie Eilish song with strings and a (very brief) louder finale.
there’s more than just one or a few types of good ways to sing. She has pretty great technique, range, and sometimes it is actually harder to pull off quiet singing than scream your head off.
This is exactly why I want more variety from her in her singing.

EDIT: My favorite singer is Thom Yorke, so I'm aware of the stigma against quiet singers. The problem is when the quiet singing/style becomes a crutch the musician uses in every song. A singer can still show their range by doing something like "Suspirium" and something like "Exit Music (For a Film)."
Last edited by Bacon on February 13th, 2020, 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'll wait to hear it paired with the opening titles.

I liked it, and I am not a fan of her other stuff at all. I do think recent Bond themes do sorta all sound alike though. They could make one a little more up tempo

Bacon wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 9:10 pm
Ruth wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 9:09 pm
Bacon wrote:
there’s more than just one or a few types of good ways to sing. She has pretty great technique, range, and sometimes it is actually harder to pull off quiet singing than scream your head off.
This is exactly why I want more variety from her in her singing.

EDIT: My favorite singer is Thom Yorke, so I'm aware of the stigma against quiet singers. The problem is when the quiet singing/style becomes a crutch the musician uses in every song. A singer can still show their range by doing something like "Suspirium" and something like "Exit Music (For a Film)."
Tbf not really disagreeing with anything you said, but you just compared Thom Yorke to a 18 year old. She’s just starting out. Give her some time, I doubt she won’t expand and explore her style further down the road.

It's a really solid Bond song, although it's weirdly more standard than what I'd expect from Billie.

Third best of the Craig era, imo.

-Vader

So after a few listens I have to say it doesn't seem very memorable

Idk, maybe it'll be better with the titles, but as a standalone song it isn't as great as it deserves to be for Craig's final film.

Also seems more in line with Writing's on the Wall, which is okay I guess. Maybe a different or more upbeat style would have worked better.

Yeah, the song is just really standard. And also what Cil posted above is basically my thoughts.

controversial opinion about movies i think the jack white one is great

is ok