No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 4:49 pm
isn't IMAX getting an early release?

-Vader
Those screenings morning of the 9th are what that is, in the end. Not so exclusive as Dolby is doing them as well.

@4N - UK is getting them Monday so guessing some goes stateside as well.

Mostly old footage but some new footage/lines:

Per IMAX Melbourne - 30 mins of IMAX footage in final cut.

Ugh... It*s terrible... But I'll live.

Best Movie magazine (March issue) has spoilers for the movie so if you want to see them, click through below. The magazine also features an interview with Ana de Armas.
[MEDIA=twitter]1233511663376257025[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1233512579860967424[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=twitter]1233456541178658821[/MEDIA]
I used Bing translate to translate some of Ana's interview:
Bond's world is getting more and more personal. Filming for No lime To Die lasted seven months, but her schedule was quite challenging: compared to Lashana Lynch, present from start to finish, de Armas had to take three months off to shoot another film.

AdA: It's like Paloma has changed shape during this time, just because it's been a long time since I started. I left and then I came back. Everything turns out: after three or six months I'm different too, so personal changes change the character, which grows with me.

To prepare for the many action scenes she trained for a long time, but not as much as she would have liked:

AdA: I had other commitments. I didn't have time. Maybe I underestimated how hard it is and how much energy it takes to shoot a film like this: you train three hours a day and spend 10 hours on set. The weapons are heavy and, as if that were not enough, I wear heels. A struggle! ([she] exclaims with a laugh.)

AdA: On the screen we can fake many things, but the force can't be simulated: you have it or you don't have it.
Exclusive: Bond Villain Rami Malek On 'No Time To Die' | Esquire (February 12, 2020)
But nor was he, in fact, free: he was shooting the fourth and final season of Mr Robot in New York. Dates were jiggled, then re-jiggled, then re-jiggled again, until finally a couple of weeks were found right at the end of the Bond production schedule during which Malek could come to Pinewood Studios, just west of London, and film the bulk of his scenes.

“When someone tells me something’s a possibility, I just start to think, ‘Let’s make it work’,” says Malek, who is engaging and cheery in person, his eyes widening boyishly (because — whaddyaknow! — they can do that too). “I kind of just get laser-focused on it, especially when it excites me.”
Because Malek joined so late into the production of No Time to Die, there was no time for rehearsal. Malek had to head straight to set. “They were under time pressure,” he remembers. “I don’t know how much they loved the idea of fresh Rami coming in… Well, not so fresh, I was just finished on Mr Robot, but at the same time I’d been thinking about this all along.”

Craig, for one, seems to have been impressed. “I have a responsibility on these films,” he says. “All I want to do is make him feel as comfortable as it’s possible to be, for him to feel like he’s welcome, because it’s a huge machine and I don’t want it to feel overwhelming. There aren’t many films bigger than Bond, so I want to make sure that when someone like Rami walks onto set, he can hit the ground running. But he was ready. He was ready to go.”

antovolk wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:18 am
Per IMAX Melbourne - 30 mins of IMAX footage in final cut.
oh

The thought that I may not be able to see this in IMAX because of a motherfucking virus.

Someone PLEASE find a cure so that I can watch kino.

I don't care aboute fucking corona as long as they let me in to watch this on April 2nd, alone if need be.