No Time to Die (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Not sure what's worse
the bigoted backlash to this or the misleading headlines/tweets suggesting Lynch's character becomes the lead in B26 and such.

Like, a Rocky/Creed type follow up would be cool but would most likely happen as a TV/streaming spinoff. This film being Craig's last and the imminent reboot/recast is almost definitely the reason why they went with this idea in the first place

this is all great. laugh at bigots because they're dumb.

Forum Pro
antovolk wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 3:43 pm
Not sure what's worse
the bigoted backlash to this or the misleading headlines/tweets suggesting Lynch's character becomes the lead in B26 and such.

Like, a Rocky/Creed type follow up would be cool but would most likely happen as a TV/streaming spinoff. This film being Craig's last and the imminent reboot/recast is almost definitely the reason why they went with this idea in the first place
Exactly. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Honestly
I love the idea of introducing Lynch as a 007 even if she will not be the new Bond in the next movie. I hate how this news leaked now instead of waiting for this to be a surprise. I'm using spoilers here as courtesy but everywhere online this is being discussed without the use of spoilers. I think it would have been a very special moment seeing Lynch come out and be introduced to us as a 007 but now that moment has been ruined and has been over run by stupid commentary from people who don't know how to read.

I'm down with the idea, but it's a single sourced rumour. And yet websites are running with it as though it has been confirmed.

This is how you do it. We previously discussed this earlier in this thread. You shouldn't change the character of Bond, you should simply make a new character. Just like they did with Miles Morales too.

This is just stupid.
Make new character if u want a super spy woman hero. Jeez. Why destroying Bond legend. It's laughable.

Forum Pro
poplar wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 8:18 am
This is just stupid.
Make new character if u want a super spy woman hero. Jeez. Why destroying Bond legend. It's laughable.
No, just some of you are.

Here’s a table full of 00 agents back in the sixties. I see a woman there.

It’s a plot point that will service the current storyline, not somehow cut your manhood.

m4st4 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 8:57 am
poplar wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 8:18 am
This is just stupid.
No, just some of you are.

Here’s a table full of 00 agents back in the sixties. I see a woman there.

It’s a plot point that will service the current storyline, not somehow cut your manhood.
So, use this fact as a fantastic new character, with new personality and good storyline, and stay away from JAMES Bond.

poplar wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 9:52 am
So, use this fact as a fantastic new character, with new personality and good storyline, and stay away from JAMES Bond.
You're apparently unaware Lynch will play a new character and not Bond. Craig will still be Bond.