SPECTRE (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:How could Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End have costed that much? Crazy amount of money.
Criticise that film all you want, but Verbinski puts that money on the screen, god-damn.
That is so true, especially DM-Chest.
I don't know if that was directed at my, seems so, but I didn't criticize the film on it. Verbinski did indeed put that money on the screen. It all looked amazing.

I remember seeing Davy Jones for the first time in Dead Man's Chest. Mother of God, my jaw dropped. I was amazed. I was speechless, I was without speech.

Nomis1700 wrote: I remember seeing Davy Jones for the first time in Dead Man's Chest. Mother of God, my jaw dropped. I was amazed. I was speechless, I was without speech.
Bill Nighy and the character of Davy Jones are the best things about the 2nd and 3rd films.

Batfan175 wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote: I remember seeing Davy Jones for the first time in Dead Man's Chest. Mother of God, my jaw dropped. I was amazed. I was speechless, I was without speech.
Bill Nighy and the character of Davy Jones are the best things about the 2nd and 3rd films.
Let's not forget Hans Zimmer.

I'll say this; I'd rather hear that they have to trim a budget instead of asking for more money.

BlairCo wrote:I'll say this; I'd rather hear that they have to trim a budget instead of asking for more money.
Yeah, after everything that preceded it, I wouldn't want my James Bond downscalled or anything. And after Skyfall everyone is expecting north of one billion on b.o. anyway, if TDKR could pull it off I'm sure SPECTRE can just as well.

Heads up - for those wanting to judge everything yourselves...without resorting to biased sites ahem Gawker:
4chan posted an official breakdown of a way more recent revision of the shooting script with improved third act
TL;DR - Gawker has been WAY overexaggerating

antovolk wrote:Heads up - for those wanting to judge everything yourselves...without resorting to biased sites ahem Gawker:
4chan posted an official breakdown of a way more recent revision of the shooting script with improved third act
TL;DR - Gawker has been WAY overexaggerating
I'd also like to add - support the filmmakers and wait for SPECTRE to come out, then judge for yourself, instead of jumping on the merry lousy journalism bandwagon:

Reference to the Craig announcement in '05?

#longbow

ArmandFancypants wrote:Reference to the Craig announcement in '05?

#longbow

We've come a long way.

One problem I have with these leaks is it feels like the same idea they have used for every single Craig Bond... some really big shit goes down, Bond has to start over and reinvent himself from the ground up to move closer to that classic Bond we all know, and then the world is reminded why it needs Bond. It was great for a while but this is the 4th fucking time they can't keep doing it again and again, have Craig reinvent himself every movie and constantly reiterate his importance. It's getting kind of tiresome, and it also makes the wole Craig Era feel like it has no middle section. Everything is set up, and every movie feels like a new beginning and non of the Craig films feel like the middle section. It also doesn't help that in CR and QoS Bond is a straight up rookie, and then by SF he starts out as a master... just so he can (already?) have his fake death and have to start all over. Don't get me wrong I love the Craig films overall (I even think QoS while very very flawed isnt bad) he is my favorite Bond, but this is one of the few problems I've had with his era. I really hope they don't do this yet again because it's already a problem that annoys me.