Lost River (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:I thought we got over the "wait, this is a surrealist movie?" phase a year ago when the script leaked.

It's Lynchian. It's weird. It's Gosling.
The shots look a lot more surrealistic than I had envisioned while reading the script.

It's even more Lynchy than I thought it would be, which is only a good thing.

-Vader

Crazy Eight wrote:I thought we got over the "wait, this is a surrealist movie?" phase a year ago when the script leaked.

Sorry, but I didn't read it.

Ruth wrote:

Sorry, but I didn't read it.
Yeah, neither did I. Looks great though.

Not claiming to be an expert on the subject but is it just me or does the cinematography look very cheap/digital? Or is the look for a specific intention?

Allstar wrote:Not claiming to be an expert on the subject but is it just me or does the cinematography look very cheap/digital? Or is the look for a specific intention?
It has that low budget run and gun digital look that the DSLR revolution helped create. Could be intentional, because Gosling's so anti-Hollywood.

For people that read the script, does the new title fit the story in any way, or was the previous, and better sounding title, more appropriate?

Just watched the first clip. This is going to completely alienate American mainstream audiences. Because American audienes just "don't get it." Look at 'Drive,' mainstream america binned it. Gosling is giving two fingers to Hollywood and going all art-house. God bless The Gos.'

Last edited by davids on May 19th, 2014, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just hope it balances out its style and substance.

I've not heard much about this film beyond what I've read on here but Gosling doing Lynch?