What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oh man it's good to hear some good This Is The End reviews

The Great Gatsby

I think this has a rotten score on Rotten Tomatoes which honestly I'm surprised by after seeing the film. I really really liked it and Leo as usual was fantastic.

The only thing that stood out as odd was
Gatsby's death, I think the lack of on-screen interaction we see of Tom and Mrytle and what's his face her husband made the death scene undramatic and the lead up to it was plain odd.

Cloverfield

One of my favorite monster movies. The movie has a fast pace to it so much that after I finished it I felt like it had only been about 20 minutes. Can't wait to see if a sequel ever happens and if it does I will surely buy a ticket.

Vader182 wrote:This is the End-

A film that cripples reviews for the simple fact I wouldn't dare rob viewers of any punchline in the film-- and they start quick. Like Hot Fuzz, it subverts and emulates genre motifs while, actually, doing as good or at times a better job at executing those ideas as intended along with being ridiculously hilarious. That's mainly because of the filmmaking, which, when it needs to, is surprisingly fantastic. Never less than fully self aware or unsure how to run wild in all the right ways, This is the End sets up an extremely high bar for World's End to top. I was literally sore from laughing so hard while leaving the theater. Part of that was the crowd was wonderful and participated in all the right times, but the movie itself actually makes me a little weary World's End can top it at all.

I highly recommend you check this shit out and soon, especially if you love any or all of the cast. Also, Emma Watson is outrageously attractive, but we already knew that.

-Vader
Everything about the film looks good, but I'm excitied for Mcbride the most. He plays a great p.o.s. so I can only imagine what his character will be like during the end of days.

A film that cripples reviews for the simple fact I wouldn't dare rob viewers of any punchline in the film-- and they start quick. Like Hot Fuzz, it subverts and emulates genre motifs while, actually, doing as good or at times a better job at executing those ideas as intended along with being ridiculously hilarious. That's mainly because of the filmmaking, which, when it needs to, is surprisingly fantastic. Never less than fully self aware or unsure how to run wild in all the right ways, This is the End sets up an extremely high bar for World's End to top. I was literally sore from laughing so hard while leaving the theater. Part of that was the crowd was wonderful and participated in all the right times, but the movie itself actually makes me a little weary World's End can top it at all.

I highly recommend you check this shit out and soon, especially if you love any or all of the cast. Also, Emma Watson is outrageously attractive, but we already knew that.

-Vader
I remember when everyone thought this was going to be shit. Ahaha. (Not directed at you specifically as I don't know what your thoughts were going into it.)

Man of Steel B

Micool wrote:Man of Steel B
Thoughts on Shannon?

Thoughts on Crowe?

BroskiSabor wrote:

-Vader
I remember when everyone thought this was going to be shit. Ahaha. (Not directed at you specifically as I don't know what your thoughts were going into it.)
I always kinda expected to like it a lot. I love Pineapple Express and a lot of the dudes in the movie anyway, so I went in expecting a great time. It far exceeded my expectations, and the buddy I saw it with who was basically draged there by me loved it too.

-Vader
Last edited by Vader182 on June 12th, 2013, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can you give us more details? What did you like about the film? What didn't you like? But please don't spoil anything.