What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Shares the record.

And we're talking about a world where Norbit got more Academy Award nominations than Zodiac, so the argument doesn't hole a whole lot of water.

Bacon wrote:Master Virgo agrees. There's a reason that this holds the record for most Academy Awards.
Actually, although I love RotK, that record I believe was mainly due to caving in to a lot of external bitching from the public on how the previous 2 movies didn't get so much award nominations.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Bacon wrote:This is the best movie of all time.
If you're 15 years old, perhaps.
this is such a snob comment :blank:

anyway

The Adventures of Tintin 8.3/10
Looper 8.8/10

Bacon wrote: Mark Strong was good yet forgettable and Jason Clarke was fantastic.
I personally found Strong the best thing about the film except the last 30 minutes, andalso the most memorable from the whole cast.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
People who accuse Vader for being a snob really need to take a look at this fella to understand what snobbery really means.£

Man of Steel. Great and awesome!

X-Men: First Class

Rewatching it for about the 4th time, this has, surprisingly, become my favorite X-Men film. It doesn't feel too much like a comic-book film, and I like how it wanted to feel like it was made in the late 1960's. In fact, the first half, with Erik, looked like it tried to show what would happen if James Bond had superpowers. And saying that, this will probably be the closest we will ever see Fassbender playing 007. I still have a few issues with the continuity, but I do hope that'll be fixed in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
It's my favorite film, probably. Along with Empire Strikes Back.

;)

-Vader

BlairCo wrote:Image
X-Men: First Class

Rewatching it for about the 4th time, this has, surprisingly, become my favorite X-Men film. It doesn't feel too much like a comic-book film, and I like how it wanted to feel like it was made in the late 1960's. In fact, the first half, with Erik, looked like it tried to show what would happen if James Bond had superpowers. And saying that, this will probably be the closest we will ever see Fassbender playing 007. I still have a few issues with the continuity, but I do hope that'll be fixed in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
I agree that there is a lot of continuity issues, but I think it was mainly due to x-men origins hopefully days of future past will fix these issues.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
LOL good call

shadow123 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
LOL good call
:facepalm: