What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Observe and Report is underrated.

Durden wrote:Observe and Report is underrated.
:clap:

Definitely. Observe & Report, 21 Jump Street, and This Is the End are my three favorite modern comedies.

George wrote:
Definitely. Observe & Report, 21 Jump Street, and This Is the End are my three favorite modern comedies.
I quite liked 21 Jump Street...never got around to seeing Observe and Report.

favorite modern comedies:

Pinneaple Express
Forgetting sarah Marshall
Superbad
Adventureland (more of a Rom com, but actually pretty damn funny. By far the best film of the bunch)
Step Brothers

Durden wrote:favorite modern comedies:

Pinneaple Express
Superbad
Adventureland (more of a Rom com, but actually pretty damn funny. By far the best film of the bunch)
Step Brothers
I love Adventureland...and I guess if it's considered a *pure* comedy film, then it would be among my favorites as well. Yet, that's where it gets tricky, it's all subjective on what is considered a straight comedy film. For instance, I wouldn't consider Little Miss Sunshine and Sideways as pure comedy films, although Adventureland, I think, may fit into that category. Either way, loved Adventureland.

Skyab23 wrote:

Pinneaple Express
Superbad
Step Brothers
I love Adventureland...and I guess if it's considered a *pure* comedy film, then it would be among my favorites as well. Yet, that's where it gets tricky, it's all subjective on what is considered a straight comedy film. For instance, I wouldn't consider Little Miss Sunshine and Sideways as pure comedy films, although Adventureland, I think, may fit into that category. Either way, loved Adventureland.
yeah I threw it in, but honestly probably doesnt belong. It is such a different film than the others which is why it wasnt received all that well outside of critics. I love it as well. :thumbup:

Pinneaple Express
Superbad
Step Brothers
I also love Adventureland. :thumbup:

but it has Stewart in it.....

Allstar wrote:but it has Stewart in it.....
true, but her one-note character she always plays in films, actually comes across as believable in this particular role in Adventureland...maybe its the mood or the setting, but somehow, it works. Maybe we should make a thread about our favorite comedy films because this thread has gotten a little off topic, ha.