What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Durden wrote:
Sandy wrote:though.
I Saw The Devil---Min-Sik Choi is one hell of an actor. I love Korean cinema. Damn this is a violent flick, though.
it was pretty damn good though.
Hell yeah it is.

I agree with you on Min-sik Choi, he is really talented. I'd like to see him in something big soon, maybe team up with park again. Although I kind of want Park to make another American film. Stoker was good, but he is capable of great.

I have had I Saw The Devil in my stream and have yet to watch it..

Guess I need to watch it tomorrow.

Peace wrote:I have had I Saw The Devil in my stream and have yet to watch it..

I thought about recommending it to you while I was watching it, because I know you love Se7en.

Sandy wrote:

I thought about recommending it to you while I was watching it, because I know you love Se7en.
That movie is faked up. But it's a great movie.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Sandy wrote:

That movie is faked up. But it's a great movie.
It's Disney compared to I Saw The Devil.

Well damn.

The thing about Seven though... we never see any fucked up shit happen. Just the aftermath. Seven isn't violent.

Peace wrote:Well damn.

The thing about Seven though... we never see any fucked up shit happen. Just the aftermath. Seven isn't violent.
I Saw The Devil "justifies" the on screen violence, in a way. It leads into a potentially deep discussion about what humans are capable of doing.

Sandy wrote:
Peace wrote:Well damn.

I Saw The Devil "justifies" the on screen violence, in a way. It leads into a potentially deep discussion about what humans are capable of doing.
Say no more. Will be back with thoughts tomorrow.

A Man for all Seasons (1966)
Level of Admiration: 8.6/10
Level of Personal Interest: 8.2/10

Robert Bolt, Paul Scofield and Orson Welles. What else do you want? I'm going as far as saying that this film was even better than Zinnemann's more praised work, High Noon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)
Level of Admiration: 7.4/10
Level of Personal Interest: 7.8/10

Underrated. Portman not getting any praise for her performance in this is quite surprising tbh. KST could've gone for an Oscar nomination if the film would've received better reactions. Redmayne, Cumberbatch, Garfield and Sturgess, I didn't remember they were all in this. Perhaps the first time I watched it I wasn't really familiar with their faces. idk £