What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Not many movies make me feel like I am losing my mind along with the lead. You gotta lose track of which way is up while watching The Game. Yeah some stuff makes little sense. Those fucks shooting real bullets? Thank god the dude kept the little window crank. Still, the atmosphere is great. The film has great production value. I found it very visually stimulating. I am easy to stimulate.
I hold it in the same esteem, but I would rank Seven, Fight Club, Zodiac, BB, TSN, and Dragon over it. Like that really matters. It might be weaker, but that does not mean it isn't great for the type of film it is. A simple thriller.

Chek Harder you can chek off.

Also I can still remember leaving the theater after No Country. I remember thinking.. there was no music in that film.

Peace wrote:Not many movies make me feel like I am losing my mind along with the lead. You gotta lose track of which way is up while watching The Game. Yeah some stuff makes little sense. Those fucks shooting real bullets? Thank god the dude kept the little window crank. Still, the atmosphere is great. The film has great production value. I found it very visually stimulating. I am easy to stimulate.
I hold it in the same esteem, but I would rank Seven, Fight Club, Zodiac, BB, TSN, and Dragon over it. Like that really matters. It might be weaker, but that does not mean it isn't great for the type of film it is. A simple thriller.
:clap: Well put.
Also I can still remember leaving the theater after No Country. I remember thinking.. there was no music in that film.
lol really? I never realized this, haven't seen it in a while though.

Peace wrote: Also I can still remember leaving the theater after No Country. I remember thinking.. there was no music in that film.
I find it has this cool, slow burning atmosphere throughout that always keeps tension at a high. It's a confident enough film that it didn't really need cues from a soundtrack imo.
Fuck I remember going to see it in theaters a couple times actually. It's always had this way of sticking with me for some reason.
Well i'll be damned, look at what I still have lol

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Peace wrote: Also I can still remember leaving the theater after No Country. I remember thinking.. there was no music in that film.
I find it has this cool, slow burning atmosphere throughout that always keeps tension at a high. It's a confident enough film that it didn't really need cues from a soundtrack imo.
Fuck I remember going to see it in theaters a couple times actually. It's always had this way of sticking with me for some reason.
Well i'll be damned, look at what I still have :lol:

I love the scene where Brolin gets chased by the truck. You figure that would be a great time for tense music, but we just get the roar of the truck. It's scary as hell. Why did he go back out there? :facepalm: :P

Also I think there is some faint music when Anton talks to the man at the gas station. It's very faint. I've seen the film way too much.

Damn man! You still got the ticket? I like the oldest ticket I have is Inception.

Between when No Country was released to now... I have thrown away and lost so much shit. Props.

Yeah I keep some tickets. I still have my Superbad ticket i dono why :lol:

I also had an awesome plastic cup I got when I saw TDK for the first time. It had a miniature bust of batman on the lid with a real cape and everything. Pretty sure it was lost in a yard sale though. :(

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Yeah I keep some tickets. I still have my Superbad ticket i dono why :lol:

I also had an awesome plastic cup I got when I saw TDK for the first time. It had a miniature bust of batman on the lid with a real cape and everything. Pretty sure it was lost in a yard sale though. :(
I would collect tickets. I remember holding onto my Shaun of the Dead ticket. LOL I even saved my Eight Legged Freaks ticket. Then one day I just tossed them all. Did not save any TDK tickets for some fucking reason. Inception inspired me to keep them again. I even saved a place in my wallet for TDKR.

I think I have Inception, TDKR, Drive, Shame, and Evil Dead in their now.

Fuck man you lost that shit in a yard sale? Unforgivable. It sounds like the best fucking cup of all goddamn time!

I'm proud you are still have No Country though man. It was like what six years ago?

Peace wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Yeah I keep some tickets. I still have my Superbad ticket i dono why :lol:

I would collect tickets. I remember holding onto my Shaun of the Dead ticket. LOL I even saved my Eight Legged Freaks ticket. Then one day I just tossed them all. Did not save any TDK tickets for some fucking reason. Inception inspired me to keep them again. I even saved a place in my wallet for TDKR.

Fuck man you lost that shit in a yard sale? Unforgivable. It sounds like the best fucking cup of all goddamn time!

I'm proud you are still have No Country though man. It was like what six years ago?
You guys are smart, I only started saving tickets after TDKR.

Cilogy wrote:
Peace wrote:

You guys are smart, I only started saving tickets after TDKR.
I'm not that smart. I used their instead of there in the post above. Fuck being sleepy this early.

But really man what took you so long to save your tickets? My friend has saved his forever and now has used them to decorate a table. It's cool shit.

I went through all my stuff and there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to which tickets I kept :lol:
I don't think i have my TDKR one cause I pre-ordered online but i'm keeping the Bane 12:01 IMAX poster for life.
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on June 12th, 2013, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Used to save my tickets. Then I realised... what the hell am I doing?

Superman (1978)
Dir. Richard Donner

It's a fine film that unfortunately collapses in the third act due to the hackneyed (and patented) Salkind Split, leaving you to only imagine what kind of truly brilliant superhero epic we might have had on our hands, fully fledged and operatic in scope, long before Nolan ever got into the game. It's a truly exceptional cast, very well designed, beautifully scored, and with the exception of perhaps Kidder, well acted. I think one of the most admirable things about it is how easy to watch it is, which is helped by the accomplished lensing from Geoffrey Unsworth. It's sad that it's such a compromised film, really.