What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
Durden wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Safe
ImageImageImageImage
Typical straightforward action flick, but the framing and direction of the action scenes were pretty well done, not just all shaky-cam nonsense.

Blitz
ImageImageImageImage
Surprised to see a lot of big names in this film. Jason Statham, Paddy Considine, Aidan Gillen (reminds me so much of a younger Oldman in this), David Morissey, and Luke Evans; though even they can't save it.

I was in the mood for some Statham today ... shoot me.
you were on a great run of films you were bound to fall off the wagon. ;)
I like mindless action films, especially when Netflix has a ton of them.
yeah I am just giving you a hard time, I will admit I am not into action films all that much. Unless they are balanced with some kind of depth, or substance. I feel like I am less of a man for saying that. haha

Haven't posted here in a while so...

Knocked Up - 8/10
Pusher - 8.75/10
The Great Gatsby - 7.75/10
The Place Beyond The Pines - 9/10

Hangover 3

I hated this movie. I thought that this was worse than the second which is saying alot. It didn't follow the same as the other two instead it felt like Todd Phillips was thinking he wanted to make a action movie. It barely had any funny scenes it was more of a gross humor mixed with a "Fuck you" to Peta. They should of stopped at the first.

Watched a few DCU animated movies

Batman/Superman Apocalypse 6/10
JL: Crisis of Two Earths 7/10
Batman: Under The Red Hood 9/10

Training Day - 9.5

Hadn't seen it in a while, forgotten how amazing it is.

christophmac wrote:The Great Gatsby - 7.75/10
I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on it.

RyanRises wrote:
christophmac wrote:The Great Gatsby - 7.75/10
I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on it.
First ten or twenty minutes didn't work for me because of the style, the soundtrack could've been worse but I still couldn't help but cringe a little when the first rap track came on while the use of CG and fast editing and things was sort of distracting and sometimes annoying (though that was partly because I watched in 2D). There were still good moments in the opening though, like when Nick first sees Gatsby and when Nick looks out of the balcony. Once Gatsby came in the film improved and actually got pretty damn good. All the performances were pretty good, Leo and Carey were probably the two standouts, followed by Joel and then Tobey who I didn't like at first but got better as the film went on.

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

Better than the first one purely because it is all business in this one, whereas the first one was focused on establishing the film -which was necessary. I love errrrrthing that Cumberbatch did in this film, who knew he could be so physical. The action was great in this. I love this cast yo; errrrbody had a part to play in this story.

Overall it was great fun, yet safe - especially the ending.

the_red_ninja wrote:Overall it was great fun, yet safe - especially the ending.
I agree with that, and that's probably why it didn't feel as amazing as it could have been.

I think this is where Abrams' Spielberg-ness and Lindelof's Lindelof-ness come in.
They seems a little too eager to finish with a "happy" ending that doesn't really risk that much.

Cilogy wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Overall it was great fun, yet safe - especially the ending.
I agree with that, and that's probably why it didn't feel as amazing as it could have been.

I think this is where Abrams' Spielberg-ness and Lindelof's Lindelof-ness come in.
They seems a little too eager to finish with a "happy" ending that doesn't really risk that much.
Yeah. I sort of feel like Abrams did his best to leave it at a good place for the next person(director) to pick up and continue the story.