What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Durden wrote: Glad you liked it. Although I was expecting a better grade to be honest.
I am not a big fan of grades but they're kind of expected. I think my words sum up my thoughts more than the letter.
I would agree.

BlairCo wrote: Image
Take Shelter
I finally got around to watching this, since Durden had pressured so many of us into watching it, and I can understand his praise. This is a rather unique look at mental illness, but doesn't look too deep into the meaning over everything that's happening to Curtis. It focuses more on how his the affects of his potential-delusions, not only to him, but to everyone around him. And it's very interesting watching Curtis trying to handle his life before it turns upside down. The last 20 minutes are really satisfying, and rather intense, without being pretentious and leaving everything ambiguous. Shannon was just electrifying, and Chastain is always a wonder to watch on screen.
Every time someone watches this now, they include Durden made me in their reviews. :lol:

Perhaps I should find a new film to hype. :think:

EDIT: sorry for double post.

8.0/10

Second viewing. Still, my main problem with it is that the first part is too long and there's too much anticipation (in my case) for Bardem (who I believe is, probably, the best part of the film) to properly enjoy it. But after Bardem kicks in, it's impossible to look away from the screen. Well, that can be applied to the whole film, though, thanks to the wonderful cinematography, which should have been rewarded with the Oscar. But, all in all, one of the best Bond movies.

Live and Let Die (1973)

8/10

Exactly what I needed. Excelsior. :clap:

The Great Gatsby

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:The Great Gatsby
And? Was it great or the movie had a non-indicative name?
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:The Great Gatsby
I hugely enjoyed it.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
didich wrote:
I hugely enjoyed it.
Nice avy. Thoughts on Leo D?
Brave New World