What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mud

5/5

One of the best films I have seen all year

xWhereAmI? wrote:Mud

5/5

Is it better than Man of Steel?

RyanRises wrote:

5/5

What is that about?

Peace wrote:
RyanRises wrote:

5/5

What is that about?
Man of Steel is objectively terrible and he gave that a 5/5, if I remember correctly.

Crazy Eight wrote:The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. 1920. Robert Wiene.

A Tim Burton film before there was a Tim Burton. It's remarkably compelling and hugely creative, from the little touches such as the tinted black and white to show what time of day it was, to the larger things, such as inspiring tons of expressionist filmmaking for the next 100 years, as well as introducing the "twist" to cinema. It's kind of a must-see for film fans, especially fans of Burton, Gilliam, Lynch, and Cronenberg.
I've watched this several times because of a film course and it has great replay value. :thumbup:

And regarding Armand watching Twilight: Respect. It's better than people that blindly hate something they have not watched, at least he can now justify why it sucks. (btw part 2 is way better than part 1 if you ever get to it.)

the_red_ninja wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. 1920. Robert Wiene.

A Tim Burton film before there was a Tim Burton. It's remarkably compelling and hugely creative, from the little touches such as the tinted black and white to show what time of day it was, to the larger things, such as inspiring tons of expressionist filmmaking for the next 100 years, as well as introducing the "twist" to cinema. It's kind of a must-see for film fans, especially fans of Burton, Gilliam, Lynch, and Cronenberg.
I've watched this several times because of a film course and it has great replay value. :thumbup:

And regarding Armand watching Twilight: Respect. It's better than people that blindly hate something they have not watched, at least he can now justify why it sucks. (btw part 2 is way better than part 1 if you ever get to it.)
I actually liked the first Twillight movie. It had an air of indie that made it, at least, interesting to watch.

RyanRises wrote:
Peace wrote:
RyanRises wrote: Is it better than Man of Steel?
What is that about?
Man of Steel is objectively terrible and he gave that a 5/5, if I remember correctly.
man, you are a sad puppy
trying to bait and troll every time in here.

Can we put a definitive end to this fan war? Let's us compromise to not abuse our speech freedom beyond what is respectful towards the guy/gal that likes the movie you hate.

didich wrote:Can we put a definitive end to this fan war? Let's us compromise to not abuse our speech freedom beyond what is respectful towards the guy/gal that likes the movie you hate.
Yeah, I agree.
JohnConstantine wrote:
RyanRises wrote:Man of Steel is objectively terrible and he gave that a 5/5, if I remember correctly.
man, you are a sad puppy
trying to bait and troll every time in here.
So you are denying that MoS is objectively terrible? Try being more objective, brah.

RyanRises wrote:
RyanRises wrote:

5/5

Yes it is better than MoS, but in a different way because they are way different films