What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
christophmac wrote:
Micool wrote:This is the End B+
Cool, thoughts?
Comedy of the year so far; Not a comedy classic but it hits all the laughs they were aiming for. Thought the beginning was alright but once Danny McBride completes their crew the movie takes off IMO . Would pay to go see it and I never pay to go see comedies in theatres lol :clap:

Fast and Furious 6... what a fucking waste of time and money/ 10

superman unbound great film .

DARK KNIGHT RISES

Fuck, I love this movie so much. I feel like I am critical of it sometimes, and then when I watch it that all disappears, and I get lost in what I think is the perfect closure to the trilogy. Hardy juts kills it, Bane is terrifying, and one of the most underrated performances of last year, I have him high up on my supporting list. Hathaway owns the first half of the film, she is perfect as catwoman. Really everyone is great in the cast, and I also think it is one of JGL's best performances. Here is where I differ with a lot of you guys, I love the twist it is so emotionally satisfying, and offers much needed depth to Bane. Cotillard is so damn good in the reveal, and completely sells the twist. The main issue for me is the deaths, Bane, Talia, and Foley....all sucked. The end just all comes together into one of the most emotional sequences in any film I have seen, its just perfect. Nolan rises!

Also the cinematography is amazing, the bomb is such an iconic shot. :clap:

Durden wrote:Image
DARK KNIGHT RISES

Fuck, I love this movie so much. I feel like I am critical of it sometimes, and then when I watch it that all disappears, and I get lost in what I think is the perfect closure to the trilogy. Hardy juts kills it, Bane is terrifying, and one of the most underrated performances of last year, I have him high up on my supporting list. Hathaway owns the first half of the film, she is perfect as catwoman. Really everyone is great in the cast, and I also think it is one of JGL's best performances. Here is where I differ with a lot of you guys, I love the twist it is so emotionally satisfying, and offers much needed depth to Bane. Cotillard is so damn good in the reveal, and completely sells the twist. The main issue for me is the deaths, Bane, Talia, and Foley....all sucked. The end just all comes together into one of the most emotional sequences in any film I have seen, its just perfect. Nolan rises!

Also the cinematography is amazing, the bomb is such an iconic shot. :clap:
Agree with everything :clap:

grifball wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: Fixed.
The pacing in it was weird. It was sort of fast at the beginning and then slowed down and then sped up right at the end.
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

07202012 wrote:
grifball wrote: The pacing in it was weird. It was sort of fast at the beginning and then slowed down and then sped up right at the end.
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
What are you talking about. The beginning was paced very well with the first two hijackings and then the entire middle section was slow and just everbody being confused and then at the end when they actually start the hijacking was intense the entire time. The only thing wrong was the middle.

grifball wrote: What are you talking about. The beginning was paced very well with the first two hijackings and then the entire middle section was slow and just everbody being confused and then at the end when they actually start the hijacking was intense the entire time. The only thing wrong was the middle.
BlairCo wrote: I don't think pacing is a real issue for this film, since it's main focus is the dealing of the situation of two hijackings. The film has no time to develop characters, since there are some many and it's not really needed.

Hot Rod
BALLS MAN! W-We just ran over a small bus.