What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ryan4butler wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Wrong.
Sometimes I think you are Lex Luthor

banepants wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: Wrong.
Sometimes I think you are Lex Luthor
I wish.
Brave New World

END OF WATCH:

I would say my fifth favorite of the year. Really surprised how much I liked it.The ending could have been better though.

Durden_77 wrote:END OF WATCH:

I would say my fifth favorite of the year. Really surprised how much I liked it.The ending could have been better though.
Agreed. What did you think of the on screen chemistry?
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:

Agreed. What did you think of the on screen chemistry?
Really good.

Skyfall

Absolutely loved it, one of the best movies of the year. Javier Bardem was genius as the villain Silva. Daniel Craig was reliable as ever as Bond. To say that it's an improvement on Quantum of Solace would be an understatement.

9/10

jimmytwotime wrote:Skyfall

Absolutely loved it, one of the best movies of the year. Javier Bardem was genius as the villain Silva. Daniel Craig was reliable as ever as Bond. To say that it's an improvement on Quantum of Solace would be an understatement.

9/10
:twothumbsup: Gave it same rating.

Matchstick Men (2003)
Rating: 8.3/10
Personal Interest's Rating: 8.1/10

The good thing about Scott is that he likes to try and make different films (Not someone like Van Sant or Soderberg though, who sometimes are really lost) and he doesn't insist on forcing his style over them when there is no need for it. That's why he's such a versatile director. If you are a producer and you got your hands on a very good script you always know Scott is one of the best choices out there, because he can make almost any kinds of film.

That's what I like to see in a film director. Someone with his own way of film making but still open to make films without the need to have that way. Scorsese is probably the best living director who works like that.

Kubrick tried a lot of genres but he kept his own style everytime. Even though I admire the guy I think that made him a limited director, there were a lot of great opportunities for him to explore the cinema and wouldn't work with his style. Malick is another example. You need to know when you should let go of something.

Forgot about Looper this is my 6th fave.

Does anyone else think the ending would have been way better if:
They both would have died. Would have been way more powerful, and less predictable.

SilverHeart wrote:I just think it feels like if suddenly superpowers existed in Nolan's Batman series, IMO.
How that's relevant?
The Prestige is about how someone can go too far with an obsession which would make him lose himself in the process. It doesn't matter if that machine doesn't exist and it probably never will. The point remains.

There was a need for some kind of device or trick that does something horribly against humanity. It's fiction but the main idea is based on something that exists in reality.