Divergent (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:I don't understand how people can get sick of a type of film. You are under absolutely no obligation to see it, and aren't in the target audience.
So I'm not allowed to comment on it, even though it's in the zone of my everyday occupation?

And what's so difficult to understand, for example I very much liked THG (and especially Catching Fire - my favorite blockbuster of 2013) - call it a semi-target audience or whatever, I approach things under my own flag anyway.

‘Divergent’ Tracking for Franchise-Launching $50 Million-Plus Box-Office Opening
http://www.thewrap.com/divergent-tracki ... e-opening/
Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
@NotoriousJLD spoke to people that have seen #DIVERGENT. All said it's way better than they expected
I still don't think this looks any good but I am pulling for it purely because of Woodley. If the movie is a big success it would be amazing for her career like Lawrence with Hunger Games. Also if it does turn out to be decent it is a shame the studio hired a hack for the sequel.

Imax poster :D

Anybody gonna see this (and steal a poster for me please)?

Tracking in the mid-50 to 60 million dollars. It's going to be a hit.

theseeker9175 wrote:Tracking in the mid-50 to 60 million dollars. It's going to be a hit.

It's amazing now to think about The Hunger Games debuting with $152 million.