Divergent (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the_red_ninja wrote:Well no matter what y'all think, the sequels are greenlit and have release dates:
Insurgent: 20 March 2015
Allegiant: 18 March 2016 (so far it will be only one film)

My copy of Allegiant arrives this week :D
I'm completely satisfied with the ending. Have a nice read.

the_red_ninja wrote:Well no matter what y'all think, the sequels are greenlit and have release dates:

They're gonna lose a lot of money. Just saying. I doubt many people actually give a hoot about this.

Bacon wrote:

They're gonna lose a lot of money. Just saying. I doubt many people actually give a hoot about this.
Reported for trolling.

But how can they greenlight 3 films that they don't even know will be successful at all?

Bacon wrote:But how can they greenlight 3 films that they don't even know will be successful at all?
Young adult books that are made into films have the advantage of already having a fanbase even before the film goes into production. I mean if they can already greenlight 50 Shades series then why not this yo.

- Oh and did I mention that Neil Burger will not be returning for the next films.

Watch the first clip here:
http://www.hypable.com/2013/12/18/diver ... s-tattoos/
EDIT:

the_red_ninja wrote:I mean if they can already greenlight 50 Shades series then why not this yo.
I'm pretty sure they only greenlit the first one.

the_red_ninja wrote:
Bacon wrote:But how can they greenlight 3 films that they don't even know will be successful at all?
Young adult books that are made into films have the advantage of already having a fanbase even before the film goes into production. I mean if they can already greenlight 50 Shades series then why not this yo.

- Oh and did I mention that Neil Burger will not be returning for the next films.

Watch the first clip here:
http://www.hypable.com/2013/12/18/diver ... s-tattoos/
Do you believe it will be on the quality side like THG? I highly doubt it.

m4st4 wrote: Do you believe it will be on the quality side like THG? I highly doubt it.
It's hard to say at this point. It has a similar fanbase as THG, but quality-wise is up to the final product. Also the concept is a decent science fiction and a story that is not over-complicated like Mortal Instruments.

the_red_ninja wrote:
m4st4 wrote: Do you believe it will be on the quality side like THG? I highly doubt it.
It's hard to say at this point. It has a similar fanbase as THG, but quality-wise is up to the final product. Also the concept is a decent science fiction and a story that is not over-complicated like Mortal Instruments.
I see you've done your homework. ;) Thanks!

Statement from Summit regarding Burger's exit:
"Neil Burger is a rock star and he is doing a fantastic job on Divergent. We can't wait for you to see the film. But as amazing as Neil is he still cannot be in two places at once and thus needs to finish post production on Divergent while we gear up to start production on Insurgent. So, although Neil will continue on as part of our Divergent family as an executive producer, we sadly have to find another director for the next chapter in Veronica Roth's fantastic series."
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Divergen ... 40745.html

Still no word on who is taking over directing duties :think: