ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Joss Whedon Developing Live-Action Marvel TV Series for ABC
Joss Whedon just became a very busy man.

The creator behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly is developing a live-action series featuring Marvel characters for ABC, Disney CEO Bob Iger said on a company earnings call Tuesday, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Comic-Con: 9 shiny moments from Firefly's 10-year anniversary

Iger also announced that Whedon would return to write and direct the upcoming Avengers big-screen sequel. Whedon, 48, wrote and directed the first movie, which brokethe record for largest opening weekend ever ($207 million) in May and has since grossed $1.4 billion at the worldwide box office.

Details are scarce on the possible Marvel TV series, which would be Whedon's first show since Dollhouse got the axe in 2010.
Joss Whedon's Marvel TV Show: 10 intriguing Possibilities - http://www.totalfilm.com/features/joss- ... sibilities

I hope for a solo Hulk show (doubt it's gonna happen) or a S.H.I.E.L.D show (Most likely).

A procedural based on Alias (AKA Jessica Jones). Shes an ex-hero private eye with a foul mouth and personal issues. they can guest star b-listers from time to time and have her investigate supes-related cases for regular folks, with the MCU as a backdrop (media reports, 2nd hand accounts by civilians). Luke Cage can be a semi-regular/potential love interest.

A familiar formula that non-geeks can easily get into, moderate use of fx, a down-to-earth protag (shes a bad flyer), and a great way to test out various b-list characters for future projects. Plus, they already have a decent script from the scrapped pilot (so I heard). Whedon could do this show in his sleep. My two cents.

Mr. Caine wrote:Image
I can't see the image. Could you repost it please?
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Dollhouse, I weep for thee. :cry:

But anyway, I guess I'll watch, simply because it's Joss. I'm no Marvel fan, though. This show better be filled with twists and turns and general Joss-someness. :think:

This shit ognna be better than Children of Men.

Are they making a Children of Men tv show? That would be messed up.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Are they making a Children of Men tv show? That would be messed up.
I never thought I'd find you here
"When art imitates life"

lol my first interwebs stalker. fantastic.