BFI's Top 50 Greatest Films of All Time

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:57 pm
ArmandFancypants wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:46 pm
Missing Jeanne Dielman, Histoires du Cinema, and La Jetee from the 50. Although Histoires du Cinema is a TV series, yeesh.
i mean this as a compliment, but i’m actually very surprised you’ve never seen Jeanne Dielman. also, heads up la jetee is like 30 minutes and on criterion channel

i’m at 38 of 50 by my count
we are not graced by your mighty criterion channel in the uk and must satisfy ourself with the modest repaste offered by the honourable bfi channel

I started Jeanne Dielman once only for the copy I had to pack it in, so it is a frustrating blind spot

histoire(s) is lit and easily the best of godards weird later stuff

ArmandFancypants wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 2:59 pm
we are not graced by your mighty criterion channel in the uk and must satisfy ourself with the modest repaste offered by the honourable bfi channel
Criterion Channel has some kind of weird bug. So you just need to log in while you are on a US VPN. Once you have logged in, you don't even need a VPN to stream.

I'm missing Shoah, Sátántangó, and Histoire(s) du Cinéma.

Sometimes it bothers we that these types of lists don't differentiate between movies and miniseries. Shoah is so freaking long, who knows if I'll ever have time for it.

On IMDb's Top 250 I've seen 230/250.

marshallmurphy wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 12:03 pm
I'm missing Shoah, Sátántangó, and Histoire(s) du Cinéma.

Sometimes it bothers we that these types of lists don't differentiate between movies and miniseries. Shoah is so freaking long, who knows if I'll ever have time for it.

On IMDb's Top 250 I've seen 230/250.
what is the difference?

& people make time for what they want

spade wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 2:59 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Criterion Channel has some kind of weird bug. So you just need to log in while you are on a US VPN. Once you have logged in, you don't even need a VPN to stream.
Good to know. For now I'm running a mixture of services (BFI, MUBI, Prime, Netflix, Cinema Paradiso) from here and getting my fix from that.

For now.