Alien: Covenant (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

ryan4butler wrote:You guys have to start watching the Prometheus bonus content.
What are you talking about? :lol:

I've already seen it and if you'd search you'd see I even made a Prometheus Theories thread so... i'm a Prometheus nerd.

RIFA wrote:
What are you talking about? :lol:

I've already seen it and if you'd search you'd see I even made a Prometheus Theories thread so... i'm a Prometheus nerd.
Link it up. :ugeek: I need some hard-core discussion.

EDIT: Got it. :P
Brave New World

Ridley Scott on the sequel for Prometheus
"I hadn't done sci-fi for so long and I enjoyed doing it. Plus, when it comes to the Alien world, no one else had addressed the origin question and I thought that was interesting to tackle. Prometheus evolved into a whole other universe. You've got a person [Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw] with a head in a bag [Michael Fassbender's David] that functions and has an IQ of 350. It can explain to her how to put the head back on the body and she's gonna think about that long and hard because, once the head is back on his body, he's dangerous."
When asked if that summed up his idea for the sequel, the filmmaker had this reply.
"I wish it was that easy. They're going off to paradise but it could be the most savage, horrible place. Who are the Engineers?"

This better tie up the loose ends between Prometheus and Alien. If not, I wouldn't mind a third one.

Red Hood wrote:This better tie up the loose ends between Prometheus and Alien. If not, I wouldn't mind a third one.
There are no loose ends between the two.

I would like to watch a sequel, but I hope they leave the 'horror movie tropes' at home and concentrate on the more philosofical implications of the Engineers creating mankind, their motivations and so.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

I don't think there should be a sequel. What makes Prometheus so good is that there are questions left. Movies fuck up when they try to answer everything.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:I don't think there should be a sequel. What makes Prometheus so good is that there are questions left. Movies fuck up when they try to answer everything.
$402,400,000
Brave New World

That how much money it make?
Say Girl