Alien: Covenant (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The main complaint is how cheap the cinematography looks. Feels like 90s slasher of B category. And the shower sex scene helps with that a lot...serisodly Ridley ?!...

Asanty wrote:The main complaint is how cheap the cinematography looks. Feels like 90s slasher of B category. And the shower sex scene helps with that a lot...serisodly Ridley ?!...
Serisodly?! You have no idea what you're talking about don't you. Cinematography by the same guy who did Prometheus has nothing to do with your perception of a 90s slasher movie. Genre tropes = cheap look? In what reality. I've seen this same complaint a lot since trailer's debut and I guess all of you seem to forget Sigourney running around in panties and bra-less shirt in Alien, the crew waking up in Aliens, shower scene in Alien 3 followed by a sex scene, foot fetish scene in Resurrection (that's Whedon right there) and, finally, countless raunchy/perverted shots from Prometheus.

If you really want to communicate why you didn't like this why don't you start by comparing it to Prometheus (missed opportunities, same-old etc.) otherwise 99% of said trailer is practically screaming 'I'm an Alien movie!', which is sort of weird to hate if you generally like those movies, not to mention compare to 'cheap 90s slasher movies'. How about late 70s one instead?

I'm just at loss of words by some of you guys.

m4st4 wrote: I'm just at loss of words by some of you guys.
every time i enter the Dunkirk forum

2016 is such a sucky year that even the trailers for 2017 films, which are released during this year, are all disappointing.£

Yeah, pretty much. The three best trailers have been Guardians, Apes and Blade Runner and even with those I'm not completely sold on. While the ones I considered sure things, like Dunkirk and Alien, really disappointed.

I don't know...this looks kinda all over the place. Ridley Scott is a spotty director too. If this gets great reviews I'll check it out. Until then, most of what came after "Aliens" has been sorely lacking in terms of quality.

David is wearing engineer's cloak (hint: Prometheus beginning), that's all you need to know to figure out the synopsis.

Not mine but holy fuck this wipes the floor with the official one. It's not a straight Prometheus teaser rip off too.

antovolk wrote:Not mine but holy fuck this wipes the floor with the official one. It's not a straight Prometheus teaser rip off too.
HOLY FUCK that's so much better lmao.

Bruh ..