Alien: Covenant (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Allstar wrote:It all depends on the execution.
Nope, it's fundamentally silly that we are going to see Ripley's mother or father or whoever at all. It fundamentally demonstrates a lack of understanding as to the appeal of the first film. And the appeal of Ripley, as it were.
Which is?
That there is nothing notable about these people at all. And that Ripley is made notable by the events of the first film.

It's a bit like the John McClane concept, and why it was always wrongheaded that there would be Die Hard sequels.

Yes. Blue collar unknowns. Could have happened to you. Or me. Or anyone. By creating continuity between generations of a family it makes it seem fated or poetically linked or some other rubbish. It definitely defeats what made Alien great.

-Vader

oh

Well perhaps after Prometheus, Ridley just doesn't really give a fuck anymore

Cilogy wrote:oh

He stopped giving a fuck a long time ago. He said in an interview once that he looks back and he can't believe he was the one that made Alien and Blade Runner.

Yeah, me too Ridley.

The Martian is probably going to be Ridley's last acclaimed film. IMO he's lucky to have had that. I remember saying some time ago I just wanted him to have one more really enjoyable film before he's gone and (in the eyes of most people) The Martian was that.

So yeah I don't really care about this, and seeing Ripleys mother just sounds nonsensical for the reasons Armond described.

So that's how MF is gonna look like in this. I miss Blonde David.

Well, obviously.

ArmandFancypants wrote:

Well, obviously.
oi was that sarcasm m8?

Noomi Rapace Joins ‘Alien: Covenant’
EXCLUSIVE: Even though Noomi Rapace emerged from Prometheus as one of the few survivors and the one who seemed to most want to follow the adventure forward with Michael Fassbender’s character, it was long reported she would not be back to reprise her role as Elizabeth Shaw in Ridley Scott’s next installment Alien: Covenant. Maybe that has changed.

Sources say Rapace is in Australia and on the set to shoot weeks worth of scenes in Scott’s film, which brings back Fassbender’s robot character and has a cast that includes Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride and Demian Bichir. Info is on lockdown, so we’ll have to wait for the film to be released August 4, 2017 by Fox to see how it all worked out.

Rapace is repped by CAA and Magnolia Entertainment.

Panapaok wrote:Noomi Rapace Joins ‘Alien: Covenant’
EXCLUSIVE: Even though Noomi Rapace emerged from Prometheus as one of the few survivors and the one who seemed to most want to follow the adventure forward with Michael Fassbender’s character, it was long reported she would not be back to reprise her role as Elizabeth Shaw in Ridley Scott’s next installment Alien: Covenant. Maybe that has changed.

Sources say Rapace is in Australia and on the set to shoot weeks worth of scenes in Scott’s film, which brings back Fassbender’s robot character and has a cast that includes Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride and Demian Bichir. Info is on lockdown, so we’ll have to wait for the film to be released August 4, 2017 by Fox to see how it all worked out.

Rapace is repped by CAA and Magnolia Entertainment.
:clap:

NowherewasI sinks.