Peaky Blinders (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's loud mouthed aesthetically. Crass songs, bombastic writing where action explodes from nowhere, etc. "I learned some things, like attack when the enemy is weak." Horrible dialogue sometimes too.

It is entertaining though.

-Vader

Against my better judgement, I started watching season 1 today.

DoubleD wrote:Against my better judgement, I started watching season 1 today.
What was your better judgment?

Allstar wrote:
That I wouldn't like it because I'm not a fan of Murphy.

DoubleD wrote:
Allstar wrote:
That I wouldn't like it because I'm not a fan of Murphy.
:blank:

DoubleD wrote:That I wouldn't like it because I'm not a fan of Murphy.
Your bait is getting old.

Allstar wrote:
DoubleD wrote:That I wouldn't like it because I'm not a fan of Murphy.
Your bait is getting old.
lol. Since when does not being a fan = baiting.

You're hilarious.

Also, loving Sam Neil in this so far.

'Peaky Blinders': Tom Hardy Returning; Steven Knight & Cillian Murphy On Stepped-Up Season 3 which is expected in early 2016.
Where are you on Season 3?

Steven Knight: Sitting in front of it right this second, the scripts. I’m finishing the last episode. We start shooting September 10 in Birmingham and in the north, but as much as possible in Birmingham.

Do you write the whole season ahead of time?

Knight: I write the whole thing before I start; I can’t let it go. The way I do it is to write all six then look at it again as if it’s a six-hour movie and give it a beginning, middle and an end, bearing in mind that each hour has to have an ending or cliffhanger of some sort. Then I try to calibrate the character progress over six hours. Because we’ve got such great actors, they help.

Is the entire cast returning? Tom Hardy? Anyone new?

Knight: Yes, Tom is coming back. We have new big roles that are written and have enormous interest from really good people. We’re hoping to land some good names. The response from everyone and people in the business has been unbelievably good, so we’re in a good place for approaching people who wouldn’t normally do this sort of thing.

How was the dynamic different, if at all, on Season 2 with the new cast members? You’ve worked with Tom before…

Cillian Murphy: I think it is a tribute to the show and the writing that it can attract the caliber of actor like Tom Hardy. It was great to catch up with him and work with him again, he and I are pals of old and obviously he has worked closely with Steve Knight so it very much kept the family vibe of the show going. Hopefully in season 3 we will be introducing some new characters again through some exciting new actors.
http://deadline.com/2015/06/peaky-blind ... 201453348/

Can't wait! :D

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Can't wait! :D