Aloha (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sony Pictures has just closed a deal for an untitled love story that Cameron Crowe will direct in the spring, with Emma Stone starring. Crowe wrote the script, and Scott Rudin is producing. I’m told the project is a two-hander, and that the male lead hasn’t yet been set, and that the tone is reminiscent of past Crowe films Almost Famous and Jerry Maguire. Stone just starred for the studio in The Amazing Spider-Man and completed Gangster Squad. She’s repped by WME and Anonymous Content; Crowe is repped by CAA.

I'm ready for Emma Stone to go away for a while :sick:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Deep Tiki was originally going to be a Ben Stiller/Reese Witherspoon vehicle, with the former playing an archetypical Crowe protagonist (a man who undertakes a spiritual journey to repair his fractured life). Stiller’s character was, specifically, a disgraced weapons consultant who is downgraded to a lowly Hawaiian base where he (via Collider) “starts to discover himself and the relationships he left behind against the backdrop of mythical island lore and Cold War-esque diplomacy.”

Variety‘s Jeff Sneider reports that Crowe’s recent rewrite of the Deep Tiki script has helped the project to regain momentum over at Sony, following its four-year stint in arrested development.

http://screenrant.com/emma-stone-camero ... deep-tiki/
Dodd wrote:I'm ready for Emma Stone to go away for a while :sick:
Well, I'm not. :P

eromero wrote:
Sony Pictures has just closed a deal for an untitled love story that Cameron Crowe will direct
You lost me there. :sick:

Reese Witherspoon...

Bradley Cooper in talks
EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that after a lengthy search, Cameron Crowe has set his sights on Bradley Cooper to star with Emma Stone in the film Crowe wrote and will direct next spring for Sony Pictures. Scott Rudin is producing. Crowe set Stone last July for the untitled project, a two-hander with a tone reminiscent of past Crowe films Almost Famous and Jerry Maguire. No deal yet, but I expect there to be one. It is the latest good thing to happen for Cooper, who’ll be making Oscar noise for his performance as the bipolar Philadelphia Eagles fan in the David O Russell-directed Silver Linings Playbook for The Weinstein Company. Cooper’s repped by CAA.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/bradley ... um=twitter

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Bradley Cooper in talks
EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that after a lengthy search, Cameron Crowe has set his sights on Bradley Cooper to star with Emma Stone in the film Crowe wrote and will direct next spring for Sony Pictures. Scott Rudin is producing. Crowe set Stone last July for the untitled project, a two-hander with a tone reminiscent of past Crowe films Almost Famous and Jerry Maguire. No deal yet, but I expect there to be one. It is the latest good thing to happen for Cooper, who’ll be making Oscar noise for his performance as the bipolar Philadelphia Eagles fan in the David O Russell-directed Silver Linings Playbook for The Weinstein Company. Cooper’s repped by CAA.
Where's Dodd.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Bradley Cooper in talks
:sick: