Aloha (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:Crowe has lost the plot. His last two films stink to high heaven.
You think We Bought a Zoo stinks? :|
Not as much as Elizabethtown, but it is just such a vacant product. A nothing film.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:Crowe has lost the plot. His last two films stink to high heaven.
You think We Bought a Zoo stinks? :|
Not as much as Elizabethtown, but it is just such a vacant product. A nothing film.
Did you at least like Damon's Clooney esque performance?

Allstar wrote:Did you at least like Damon's Clooney esque performance?
Damon was fine. Hell, even Johansson acted a bit for a change. Doesn't make the film worthwhile.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Hell, even Johansson acted a bit for a change.

I was just reminiscing over Cooper's remarkable work in Pines which is somewhat underrated on here since most think Gosling is better, I think it is close and I find it funny people complain about his last scene, Coop had the least showiest role of the main 3 and fully delivers a haunting portrayal of regret and guilt.

Anyway after reminiscing I was thinking about his upcoming projectw and came across this. I have a feeling he might knock this one out of the park if this turns out good. After doing essentially character work in his past couple films for him to slip into a nice drama/comedy and be completely loose and at ease... he could really deliver in a big way. I now have a sudden interest in this just to see what Coop brings.

I love clapper boards.