Dream Director/Actor Collaborations

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Law wrote:
Allstar wrote: :blank:

Anyway,

Christopher Nolan and Jonah Hill
This is simply taking trolling to a whole new level.
:lol:

Anyway,

Christopher Nolan and Frank Grillo

jibran wrote:I think it would be cool to have a Nolan film that didn't have a pretty man in the lead role.
Maybe a female lead in her 50's?

How can anyone claim that Tom Hanks is overrated? That term "overrated" is so liberally dropped around here without much explanation. Popularity doesn't equate to overratedness. Wow people know Tom Hanks because he's a popular culture icon in the United States, but overrated? The guy's performances in Philadelphia and Forrest Gump are evidence enough to shoot down that claim. Not to mention Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, Cast Away, The Green Mile, Road to Perdition, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Cloud Atlas, Charlie Wilson's War, his voice work in Toy Story and Electric City, and this year's Saving Mr. Banks (a loveable, inspiring Walt Disney) and Captain Phillips (An intense, emotional acting job). Point being, sure he's a very accessible actor, but he's also versatile and believable, and he's anything and everything but overrated.

Man, Woody is great. So is Tom Hanks, cool dude.

And Allstar, anything besides a pretty man for his next film. A woman would be great. Having someone like Philip Seymour Hoffman would be cool too.

Jake Gyllenhaal + Christopher Nolan

Nolan and Christoph Waltz
Tarantino and Ralph Fiennes

Hugh Jackman and Tarantino would be pretty cool to see.

FreakLikeMe wrote:How can anyone claim that Tom Hanks is overrated? That term "overrated" is so liberally dropped around here without much explanation. Popularity doesn't equate to overratedness. Wow people know Tom Hanks because he's a popular culture icon in the United States, but overrated? The guy's performances in Philadelphia and Forrest Gump are evidence enough to shoot down that claim. Not to mention Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, Cast Away, The Green Mile, Road to Perdition, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Cloud Atlas, Charlie Wilson's War, his voice work in Toy Story and Electric City, and this year's Saving Mr. Banks (a loveable, inspiring Walt Disney) and Captain Phillips (An intense, emotional acting job). Point being, sure he's a very accessible actor, but he's also versatile and believable, and he's anything and everything but overrated.
I'm with you man. I'm so sick of the use of it now. People just love to throw it out at anytime without much thought. The word overrated is overrated.

And I definitely agree with you on Hanks as well. The guy is a great, enjoyable actor.

Christopher Nolan and Vangelis...

John Michael McDonagh and Cillian Murphy